Graphics
EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had just installed system definitions on my Hackintosh, the whole computer itself had been stable for over a month, and I decided to finally put system definitions on it. I did the Mac Pro 5, 1 system definitions for the 2012 Mac Pro. After installation, I restarted and I come back and see image.jpg so now what can I do to recover from this? Do I have to restart all over again and reinstall OSX...? Any help will be extrememly appreciated.

I had just installed system definitions on my Hackintosh, the whole computer itself had been stable for over a month, and I decided to finally put system definitions on it. I did the Mac Pro 5, 1 system definitions for the 2012 Mac Pro. After installation, I restarted and I come back and see View attachment 63230 so now what can I do to recover from this? Do I have to restart all over again and reinstall OSX...? Any help will be extrememly appreciated.

Your photo is too small to read.

http://imgur.com/VBuB0TG
My bad, didn't realize it was so small

KP is caused by MacPro5,1 sysdef which expects ECC RAM. Remove/rename /S/L/E/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext:

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.backup
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Or use a different sysdef.

Could you walk me through how to do that, sorry I have never done this before. Also, what system definition would be good to use so that it would allow me to use AirPlay?

Could you walk me through how to do that, sorry I have never done this before.

Run Terminal and type/copy-paste the commands in the previous reply.

Also, what system definition would be good to use so that it would allow me to use AirPlay?

MacMini6,x is probably appropriate for Ivy CPU.
Sorry, can't tell you anything about AirPlay -- I don't have an AppleTV.

How would I run Terminal? Would I have to plug in a USB drive with the Mountain Lion installation and then run Terminal from there?

How would I run Terminal? Would I have to plug in a USB drive with the Mountain Lion installation and then run Terminal from there?

You can run it from your Unibeast USB. Just choose Utilities -> Terminal.

Of course root (/) is referring then to your Unibeast USB, not your HDD, so you'd have to preface it with a 'cd' command to set your working directory to the /S/L/E on the HDD. And no need for sudo since in the OS X installer Terminal, you're running as root:

Code:
# if you forget what you used for a volume name...
ls -l /Volumes
# change working directory to correct volume
cd /Volumes/volume-name-of-your-OS-X-install-on-your-hdd
# do the rename
sudo mv ./System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ./System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.backup
sudo touch ./System/Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back