CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm having a problem getting a good working system definition, SMBios.plist.
Heres my system:

Asus P8Z77-V LX (patched latest bios)
i7 2600k (sandy bridge)
8GB DDR3 Ram
AMD Radeon 6870 1GB

I am using HWMonitor to show CPU speeds, and doing Geekbench scores to back this up.
I am currently using an iMac 13,2 system definition, but this has limited speedstep, and can only overclock to 4.2Ghz, GB score - 14848.
Lots of people say they use MacPro 3,1, but when I use this I can get my CPU to run faster than 1,6Ghz. GB score 6042.
I am not currently using an SSDT, but have one and tried it but has not real difference.
I have tried others but had kernel panick, not sure why as others had success using those.

Does it have a bearing on which graphics card you have installed, CPU, etc?
I would love to get this sorted as it's the final piece to the puzzle.

Kind regards.

Run multibeast, Customization>SSDT Options> Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclock. Install this, and you should be okay.
Do this using an iMac 13,2 or MacPro 3,1 system definition?

Kind regards.

Run multibeast, Customization>SSDT Options> Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclock. Install this, and you should be okay.

Hi, doesn't the Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclock in Multibeast only overclock to 4.2Ghz?

Your "About this Mac" will recognize only 4.2 Ghz. I have an i7 @ 4.8GHz. Download HWMonitor (install from multibeast) to see what frequency you are running at
Hi, this is how I am checking it, through HWMonitor, and it refuses to go higher than 4.2 Ghz, even if I adjust the CPU ration to 45 in the BIOS, HWMonitor still only goes up to 4.2 Ghz. I have tried the Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclock in Multibeast but still the same result.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back