Contribute
Register

Symphony I/O Interface stutters when running Pro Tools 10 on Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7 - 4770k
Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been struggling through getting my first successful build up and running smoothly since Wednesday and its been a frustrating albeit fun and enlightening experience. At this point I've cooled myself down and gotten out of "kid on Christmas day" mode and taking it one step at a time, haha.

Anyways, after finally getting OS X to boot up and run perfectly I've one into one last and major issue. Pro Tools doesn't let me record!

We're using the Symphony I/O USB as an interface. Its a great interface and works well on our backup Mac Pro. Here's the weird thing, however. The interface works for system audio perfectly as long as you do not launch Pro Tools. After that things start to get wonky... I can playback on Pro Tools but as soon as I record-enable anything it starts to stutter with some white noise.

After that all of the audio seems to stutter on the whole system and I can no longer playback on Pro Tools (gives me a common overload error).

It's a little weird and different from everyone else's audio problems since the audio will work perfectly until I go into Pro Tools.

Any suggestions? Help is greatly and gladly appreciated.

EDIT (Forgot to add build):
GA-Z87X-UD5H Motherboard
Intel i7 4770k CPU
32 GB Corsair RAM
Intel HD integrated graphics
Lion OS X 10.8.5
Apogee Symphony I/O USB audio interface
Pro Tools 10

How much could this have to do with the motherboard's BIOS version? I haven't upgraded it to its latest version as I felt no need to. I'm going to do whatever I can when I get back into work tomorrow to get this Hackintosh fully working!

Un install all digidesign or avid audio Drivers from ur computer it might be better then....

Wish it was that simple. Ended up realizing the system audio is only ok for a few minutes before it starts to stutter. After that everything just goes wrong. Not even sure where the problem is anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back