Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,

I'm on a GTX970 (exactly it's this one: EVGA 04G-P4-3975-KR NVIDIA GTX970 SuperSC ACX 2.0 3,2S) an on MacOS Sierra with a Dell UP2715K 5k display. While everything basically works good the mouse pointer bug that already was adressed on this forums quite some times drives me crazy.

In short: where the two virtual displays that are inside the Dell UP2715K meet there's an invisible line. On the left half of the screen the mouse pointer does silly things. Usually it displays another mouse pointer that the one that currently should be there. For example instead of the text-insert mouse pointer (the thin line) you see the resize-double-arrow with the active clicking point beeing offset by some arbitrary numbers. This makes working in tools where precision is key kind of impossible. Try doing CAD or 3D Design with that.

I'm waiting for a fix since updating to Sierra but unfortunately nothing changed. I don't know if it's Apples fault or Nvidias but it looks like I need a solution for that.

So I wonder if you guys have an idea how alternatives could look like? I don't know much about CUDA drivers. I heard they should be more performant but are not available for Maxwell cards (like mine should be) so trying them out isn't an option as it seems. Any other ideas how to approach this problem? I'm willing to switching cards or anything else but I need to find a solution.

Thanks,
Frank

Hey, I have the same monitors and the same issue. One workaround is to keep changing the monitor resolution until the pointer bug fixes itself. The other option which I am getting around to trying is using a natively supported ATI card. I have a FirePro W7000 sitting on my desk which is the equivalent of the D300 in the Mac Pro 2013 ... good chance it will just work.

Well, I'm sorry to say that I cannot get the Firepro W7000 to handle the 5K monitor at all. There's something magical/hardcoded in the Mac's that is enabling DisplayID Tiling and I don't know how to make a hackintosh turn it on.

CUDA is entirely separate from the display drivers. Has nothing to do with getting 5K to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back