Contribute
Register

Switching from GT-210 to RX 570: What steps do I need to follow so that macOS keeps working perfectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-s
CPU
i3-3220
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I have a working budget Hackintosh High Sierra build, some of the specs of which are as follows:
  • Gigabyte H61M-s Motherboard
  • Zotac GT-210 GPU
  • Intel Core i3-3220
More details can be found here.
The system currently has a GT-210 which works flawlessly with "Inject Nvidia" enabled.
I'll be upgrading the GPU to the RX 570 (MSI ARMOR 8G OC) within the next week. I just wanted to know the steps that I need to take before and/or after installing the GPU, so that the macOS keeps working flawlessly.

According to my knowledge, I should:
  1. Disable "Inject Nvidia" in config.plist
  2. Replace the GPU
  3. Boot up Hackintosh and Install the AMD Driver

Is there anything else that I need to do, or am I wrong anywhere?

EDIT: Here's my EFI folder, if required.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have a working budget Hackintosh High Sierra build, some of the specs of which are as follows:
  • Gigabyte H61M-s Motherboard
  • Zotac GT-210 GPU
  • Intel Core i3-3220
More details can be found here.
The system currently has a GT-210 which works flawlessly with "Inject Nvidia" enabled.
I'll be upgrading the GPU to the RX 570 (MSI ARMOR 8G OC) within the next week. I just wanted to know the steps that I need to take before and/or after installing the GPU, so that the macOS keeps working flawlessly.

According to my knowledge, I should:
  1. Disable "Inject Nvidia" in config.plist
  2. Replace the GPU
  3. Boot up Hackintosh and Install the AMD Driver

Is there anything else that I need to do, or am I wrong anywhere?

There is no need to install any AMD driver, nor are there any for you to install. Make sure you are running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 though. If not please update to 10.13.6 before upgrading the graphics card.

Hi-

Hope you're BIOS mode is UEFI not Legacy.

Last edited:
There is no need to install any AMD driver, nor are there any for you to install. Make sure you are running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 though. If not please update to 10.13.6 before upgrading the graphics card.
Hey there,
Thanks for the response. I'm already running the version that you've mentioned.
So, I just need to disable "Inject Nvidia", replace the GPU and boot up macOS, and it should work fine OOB, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back