Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-i Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
I am slowly making updates to my computer. I want to be able to use the front IO of the case to use headphones instead of using the monitor's speakers. Not sure if thats possible or if I need to use a desktop DAC and have it turn on and off depending if I want to use the monitor speakers or headphones. I should mention I have headphones that have a separate 3.5mm audio and microphone plugs.

I'm using:
Intel 6700k
ASUS Hero Maximus 9
16GB RAM
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
LG 34UM88-P

Any thoughts?

What audio method is installed?
What happens when you plug the headphones into the front panel jack?
Not sure which method is being used, A direct DisplayPort to hdmi cable is allowing audio to pass to the monitor's speakers.

Plugging in headphones to the back or front IO, does not do anything. No new audio sources appear in the system preferences.

Plugging in headphones to the back or front IO, does not do anything. No new audio sources appear in the system preferences.
Does System Preferences/Sound/Output alway show Headphones?
Attach screenshot.

Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

ALC1220 onboard audio is not installed, see High Sierra - MultiBeast Audio

Apologies, updated the information in my profile. Installed the ALC1220 onboard audio and nothing occurred after following the steps in that post. Might not be able to, going to look into some hardware options at this point. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back