XFX HD-687A-ZDFC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to change from 64-bit Apple Boot Screen to 32-bit Apple Boot Screen, so if I make the change in Boot options do I need to Rebuild Caches & Repair Permissions also?

When making any changes in Multibeasts UserDSDT, is it advised or mandatory to Rebuild Caches & Repair Permissions or are the changes made or saved automatically?

Thanks.

Edit your boot.plist under /Extra and add that:

Before
  • <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>

After
  • <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>arch=i386</string>

For that you don't need to rebuild caches and repair the permissions. But when you installing, deleting or modifying kexts it's important to do it

Thanks for your reply.

I want to make sure I have the correct .plist, I found com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra, is that the one I should edit?

Thanks again for your help, I am a noob to Macs & have grey hair so some of this stuff takes awhile to figure out.

lump said:
Thanks for your reply.

I want to make sure I have the correct .plist, I found com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra, is that the one I should edit?

Thanks again for your help, I am a noob to Macs & have grey hair so some of this stuff takes awhile to figure out.
Either edit the one in /Extra folder, or just run MultiBeast again and select the 32-bit apple boot screen and hit Continue to install. Next time you boot you will be 32 bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back