Graphics
Onboard HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Firstly thanks to all the clever (and patient) folk who help on this site which is an excellent resource.

I have 3 x SSD's installed (OSX Yosemite, W7 and OSX Mavericks) + 3 TB "data" drive. All was working OK with Unibeast/Multibeast install (though I have never tried iMessage). Updated my BIOS to R7 (latest one) and nothing booted right thereafter. I cant remember why but I decided to change over to Clover for booting - after a bit of messing about I have it working OK except for a few issues as follows:

a) I can't boot my W7 from the Clover boot screen (there seem to be various choices which look like they should, but none seem to do anything when I select them). I can boot into W7 if I use F12 to go into the BIOS start up menu and select the appropriate W7 drive. From BIOS I can also select my Chimera boot menu (which is on the same SSD as Mavericks) and boot into W7 or Mavericks from there [but Yosemite fails]. Do I need to select something in Clover to enable the W7 boot?

b)Should I (and if so how do I?) remove some of the old boot options so i don't have so many choices in BIOS.

c) I think I am on a default? clover boot "theme" (Christmas and New year messages?) which is very festive but I would prefer to change it - is there a guide?. Not so important just now but I would like to fix it eventually.

I'd prefer not to have to "clean" reinstall OSX Yosemite or W7 since I have them set up the way I like them.

Hi,

I don't know whether this will help but it works for me,

In order to boot legacy windows , If you're using clover configurator under

1) Boot > Legacy > PBR (Choose PBR)

2) GUI > Scan > Legacy (Tick Legacy)

cheers! hope this helps!

Try this also:

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 10.15.54 AM.png

Thanks for your help. I tried both boot options (PBR and "Legacy Bios Default") but neither seems to work. At the boot screen I can see two options to boot windows from "Legacy" but when I select them i just get a black screen with flashing cursor top left (needs a hard reset to get out and reboot). I have other buttons to boot windows from UEFI but they just do not do anything at all when I select them.

Re-checked all my BIOS (V7) settings and they look ok except for the "VTd disable/enable" toggle - it shows enabled but does not let me change it (I am sure it used be accessible in older BIOS releases - when I get time I might reload V6 and investigate). I doubt this would matter to my boot issues anyway?

Any more ideas? its really twisting my melon because I do flip between W7 (for certain work applications ) and OS X for the rest and it all worked so well with Multibeast/Chameleon etc.

Thanks in anticipation.

there was a bad release that broke booting for quite a few, it's now fixed in latest latest version, so double check version you are installing and try a newer version to see if resolved.

Thanks for your reply. When you refer to a "bad release" are you referring to the BIOS release ?
Things definitely seemed to stop working when I changed to the F7 BIOS released 2014/08/03 from my existing F6 release dated 2014/01/24 - trouble is I (foolishly!) changed boot loader at the same time as BIOS so I cant be sure what the cause is until I reinstall the old F6 BIOS and try again.

Assuming it is a bad release BIOS that you are referring to are there any post or links you could point me to which describe/remedy the issues?

Thanks for your help.
EJE

So I tried to revert to F6 BIOS both using using the Q flash BIOS installer and the Windows app - neither would allow me to install an older BIOS (i.e revert to F6 from F7) so I cannot easily check if my issues are BIOS version related. I can get by using F12 on boot up to select the W7 drive but it is not as nifty as the way I was set up in Chameleon.

I know I could probably (re) install and boot with Chameleon but I understand it may give iMessage issues with Yosemite.

Thanks for your reply. When you refer to a "bad release" are you referring to the BIOS release ?
Things definitely seemed to stop working when I changed to the F7 BIOS released 2014/08/03 from my existing F6 release dated 2014/01/24 - trouble is I (foolishly!) changed boot loader at the same time as BIOS so I cant be sure what the cause is until I reinstall the old F6 BIOS and try again.

Assuming it is a bad release BIOS that you are referring to are there any post or links you could point me to which describe/remedy the issues?

Thanks for your help.
EJE

I think he was referring to a bad clover release. I had the "luck" to try that, it was r2988. I just wasted two days of my life to try to make it work. When the r2999 came out suddenly everything started to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back