Contribute
Register

Switch Easybeast install to UserDSDT afterwards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigaybte GA-Z170-Designare
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX590 /2080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please excuse me if I posted in the wrong section.

I could not find any information if its possible to change the running system from Easybeast to UserDSDT. Is this possible without hickups?

AFAIK I should have to take care of some of the .kexts in E and place the DSDT.aml on the desktop and run the UserDSDT install on top.

Am I on the wrong way with these thoughts?

TIA!

Flexigem said:
Please excuse me if I posted in the wrong section.

I could not find any information if its possible to change the running system from Easybeast to UserDSDT. Is this possible without hickups?

AFAIK I should have to take care of some of the .kexts in E and place the DSDT.aml on the desktop and run the UserDSDT install on top.

Am I on the wrong way with these thoughts?

TIA!

Well you do not have to run anything to install the DSDT.aml simply copy it to the /Extra folder when you next boot then it will be used. Then you would want to remove the NullCpuManagement.kext at least as it defeats the purpose of having the AppleLPC loading from the DSDT. Not sure what else gets installed so if you provide list of the /Extra/Extensions/ I could tell you more.

Awesome. That helps. So Userdsdt is only an easier gui method of doing this task. I thought it does change some other stuff in the background as well. Thanks.

Flexigem said:
Awesome. That helps. So Userdsdt is only an easier gui method of doing this task. I thought it does change some other stuff in the background as well. Thanks.

Well- another way to do it would be to delete your /Extra folder, then do UserDSDT- that way you know you're getting rid of everything you don't need.

tonymacx86 said:
Flexigem said:

Well- another way to do it would be to delete your /Extra folder, then do UserDSDT- that way you know you're getting rid of everything you don't need.
Tony I used easybeast then layer put a DSDT.ami file in the system just vanilla as in straight off your database. My extra folder has an extensions folder and themes folder and in the actual extra folder is some files such as the com.apple.boot.plist, my DSDT file extensions.mkext and smbios surely I am wrong in thinking I could delete any of this stuff?
I have a gigabyte ga55 usb3 v2 board and these are what r in my extensions folder
jmicron36xATA.kext, same but SATA, legacyappleRtc, NullCPUpowermanagment and NVEnabler64 I have a Nvidia gt120 i am running 64bit is there anything I can dump out of here?

Userdsdt takes care of the essential stuff, like the boot loader and the boot.plist. That's why Tony said you can delete the Extra. I am pretty sure he meant it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back