GeForce GTX 560ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey all, was wondering whether anyone can help me. I have an internal USB card reader by Sweex in my Hackintosh. Plugging in a standard USB device into it works fine, and a USB drive shows up on the desktop with no problems. Putting any other type of card into one of the corresponding ports on the reader yields no results.

I am trying to get OSX to recognise the reader as an "native" card reader by following this guide here on patching the kext files to do so.

However when I am trying to find the idProduct and idVendor hexes for my card reader, I can't seem to see them in the system report. See attached screen shot.

As you can see, the USB device I have plugged into the reader for testing to identify the reader is called 'Intenso Rainbow Line' - which logically leads me to believe the idProduct and idVendor I am looking for is for the hub to which it is attached. But this isn't unique, the other 'USB High Speed Bus > Hub' has the exact same idProduct and idVendor values. Which means when I patch the kext using these values it doesn't work.

So my question is, does anyone know the idProduct and idVendor for this particular card reader so that I can patch the kext files? or does have any guidance on how I might fix this problem?

Attachments

• System-Report.png
    System-Report.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 212
Does anyone have any experience with this particular model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back