Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

So I have a gigabyte p55-ud4p board for my setup. I am trying to find inexpensive solution for setting up 5.1. It looks like there are ports for several connection options. So can anyone share their experience with 5.1 setups and can anyone confirm this works fine with my setup on SL 10.6.8

Thanks.

Can anyone provide links/assistance with setting up 5.1 on 10.6.8? Do I need to use Optical out only? Or can I use the other output channels?

Currently the only way I can get sound is by selecting internal speakers in Preferences.

Please help. Thanks.

Can anyone provide links/assistance with setting up 5.1 on 10.6.8?
You can help yourself on this one. That Search box, upper right corner of every page, works really well. Try "5.1 channel analog"

You can help yourself on this one. That Search box, upper right corner of every page, works really well. Try "5.1 channel analog"

Hi Toleda,

I have searched and followed the original guide for setting up through Midi Utility, but when I try to setup the 5.1 option is greyed out. In some further investigation it seems that I am using 885. I tried running multibeast and then ended up with no sound. So I rolled back again and seem to only get 885 to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back