h170n-wifi
CPU
i3 6100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
i have Gigabyte x58a-ud9 mobo + i7 [email protected] cpu with gigabyte hd7770 OCv2 video boards here and want to try OSX. Will it be compatible? I'v seen DSDT for my board at the archives but not sure if that board(s) will be completely supported/work.

yup u r golden.but u might want to look into issues on your amd7770 card...
id get a cheap nvidia card eg gt 240 to get the install started.
then tweek your system for the amd card
assuming u r starting from osx 10.6

thx, i will try to get it up then.
if something goes wrong with that videocard i will sell that videocard and get something that completely compatible... what should i pick up to get support out of box? something from low-end or middle prices.
and ... why osx 10.6? why not start from latest 10.8?

thx, i will try to get it up then.
if something goes wrong with that videocard i will sell that videocard and get something that completely compatible... what should i pick up to get support out of box? something from low-end or middle prices.
and ... why osx 10.6? why not start from latest 10.8?

There are no drivers in OS X for AMD 7xxx graphics. Yet. Check the CustoMac Buyers' Guide for suggested working NVidia graphics cards.

There's no reason for you to start with 10.6, provided you have access to another Mac running 10.6.8 or higher so you can download 10.8 from the App Store and make a Unibeast installation thumb drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back