Contribute
Register

Support for Fusion Drives (i.e. SSD+HD as one Core Storage Logical Volume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Tim's Haswell Hackintosh
CPU
Core i5 4570 Quad Core 3.2GHz + stock CPU fan
Graphics
Asus GeForce GT 630 2GB 'Silent' (Kepler)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Core Storage creates hidden boot partitions on each physical drive. Multibeast does not copy the required boot files to these separate partitions hence it does it make the combined Fusion Drive bootable.

It must only be a small mod but it would be much appreciated. It is easy to make a mistake or get out of sync installing invisible files on hidden partitions.

To support a Fusion drive would require a different Chimera installer. Based on the low number of users of Fusion drives we have no immediate plans to support it.

Sorry but I find that reply astonishingly ignorant and totally misguided. Please allow me to explain.

1) All new (real) Macs will either be SSD-only or Fusion Drive very soon. That is 100%, not a low proportion.

2) Apple's SSD+HD solution is widely accepted as being the most intelligent and effective available.

The default advice from this advice should be for a Fusion Drive. If there is a low proportion of users with Fusion Drives then that speaks volumes for the advice of this site.

slap.em.jpg

Sorry but I find that reply astonishingly ignorant and totally misguided...
Ouch! Well, that will get you a lot points around here. Not!

Hi, You're wrong. There are more users with this problem.
If anybody know how to instal a boot loader on fusion drive I will by grateful for help.
Regards
Michal.

To support a Fusion drive would require a different Chimera installer. Based on the low number of users of Fusion drives we have no immediate plans to support it.

It's kind of a catch-22, not many users use it because it's difficult to setup, but with no plans to make it easier via the Chimera installer, the numbers will stay low.

Make it easy for the users and the adoption rate increases.

I agree with dracon. The easier you make it, the more likely people will be motivated to turn their SSD+HD solution into a fusion drive. I'd love to see this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back