i7 2600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
I am looking to build a dual CPU hackintosh. and I am really leaning towards the Supermicro X8DAH but i do not know how hard it will be to get up and running and whether it is worth it to even make it a hackintosh. I am going to buy one either way as i need a xeon workstation. but I would like your guys perspective and constructive criticism on whether I should do it or not. and what type of GPU and PSU I should get with it. I have already decided on the CPU's , 2x X5677 Quad Core 3.47GHz. but the RAM is still undecided. I have some leftover 4x2gb ECC memory ram which i will throw in there to get her up and running but will need to upgrade / install more later on.
And in advance, Thanks for all your help :D

Careful, the mods will accost you for posting a question around here.

Anyways. I have two similar setups with X8 series boards. X8DTi and X8DT3.

A vanilla install works, but I can't get any bootloader to work properly.

Though I did get the intel lan ports to work and the LSI SAS controller. I have that on Target device rather than RAID.

Both pc's I built have 750watt psu's. with dual 12v 8 pin headers for the boards. 650 Ti gpu's. Working OOB.

I also get the boot0 error and all attempts found here have no affect in correcting that issue. I have to leave the unibeast stick in the pc to boot to mac.

There are a few guides, but my experiences have not been as kosher. therefore I cannot say 100% those threads are defacto way to go.

Ram, I am using Kingston ecc ram in both machines. 82 gigs and 128 gigs. They run pretty good.

Have you managed to get the booting to work?

I'm upgrading from 10.9 to 10.10 but it keeps hanging on boot.

Unless I boot from the USB install disk...

10.11 seems to work but it's buggy as hell so I left it...

Thanks!
K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back