GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I can't seem to figure out what's going on here. I've been running 10.7.2 on my GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 for a while now. Installed via UniBeast and CustomBeast. Everything runs smooth as silk with no problems whatsoever... until suddenly after a restart, it won't boot. It just hangs. Booting with -v reveals "still waiting for root device". I have no idea what happened. I didn't change anything.

I managed to get it to boot using an old iBoot cd with the mach_kernel flag. Tried re-running CustomBeast, no luck. Any other ideas?

kcarbone927 said:
Hi all,

I can't seem to figure out what's going on here. I've been running 10.7.2 on my GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 for a while now. Installed via UniBeast and CustomBeast. Everything runs smooth as silk with no problems whatsoever... until suddenly after a restart, it won't boot. It just hangs. Booting with -v reveals "still waiting for root device". I have no idea what happened. I didn't change anything.

I managed to get it to boot using an old iBoot cd with the mach_kernel flag. Tried re-running CustomBeast, no luck. Any other ideas?

hmm i never try custom beast, but usually if using chimera, you can always try
UseKernelCache=Yes flag and lets see can you boot into your system or not.

Waiting for root device means that it is not reading the drive you have Lion & your bootloader on.
Check your bios to make sure something didn't inadvertently revert to another drive or something as the boot order.

arikstress said:
you can always try
UseKernelCache=Yes flag and lets see can you boot into your system or not.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately no luck :(

eelhead said:
Check your bios to make sure something didn't inadvertently revert to another drive or something as the boot order.

Hmm... I can't find anything amiss in the bios. I even tried disconnecting all the drives except for the one with Lion and rerunning CustomBeast. Shouldn't rerunning CustomBeast fix these kinds of issues since it reinstalls Chimera? Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back