Contribute
Register

Sudden problem with Radeon R9 280x BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270x-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
R9 280X
I'm having a problem with a Radeon R9 280x Vapor-X card. Yesterday, my hackintosh rebooted suddenly. Now, when I start the PC, I see the graphic's card BIOS screen instead of the Gigabyte Motherboard BIOS. See the attached picture.

If I disconnect the card and use the onboard graphics card the system boots OK, and I see the correct motherboard BIOS screen.

Could it be a problem with the bios card? I even trued with "second BIOS" button of this ATI card, but nothing changed.

Now I'm looking to re write BIOS ROM on the card. Any advice?

Thank you all.

Attachments

• 20210305_122109.jpg
    20210305_122109.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
I'm having a problem with a Radeon R9 280x Vapor-X card. Yesterday, my hackintosh rebooted suddenly. Now, when I start the PC, I see the graphic's card BIOS screen instead of the Gigabyte Motherboard BIOS. See the attached picture.

If I disconnect the card and use the onboard graphics card the system boots OK, and I see the correct motherboard BIOS screen.

Could it be a problem with the bios card? I even trued with "second BIOS" button of this ATI card, but nothing changed.

Now I'm looking to re write BIOS ROM on the card. Any advice?

Thank you all.
This is likely due to a hardware problem with the card (overheating perhaps?).

If you know how perhaps you may try to remove the heat sink, clean any accumulated dust and reapply thermal paste to see if the problem can be alleviated.

Thank you. Today I started the PC and the GPU is working normally now. I think this problem start when the card is running at hight temp. But a couple of days ago I let the PC off for a few hours until the card got completely cold and even so it didn't work. Today it dit.
From the picture I posted I think it's a GPU's memory issue, buy I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back