Contribute
Register

Sudden loss of network connectivity (both wifi and ethernet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Plus
  4. Portable
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I rebooted my system last night (OS 10.12.6, see description below, ethernet/wifi info included because of the specific problem), and my system lost its ability to use my wifi network. I say use because my system preferences/network shows wifi connected to my router with a correct IP addy (yes, wifi router works with everything else, iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, ThinkPad, Chromebooks). When I try to load a web-page the progress bar stalls 1/10 of the way. If I turn off wifi the browser tells me I'm not connected to the internet. I tried using ethernet and again it connected with a legitimate set of IP/router/subnet addys and again, loading a page stalled. I tried the ethernet with my MacBook Pro and all was well.

What I find most disturbing is the I get the same non-functional behavior from both my TP-Link wifi card and my onboard ethernet.

I know this is an old OS and I should just bite the bullet and install Mojave (Catalina seems too new), but I hate it when something breaks for no apparent reason.

Thoughts?

X170X-UD5 TH
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Intel I219V2 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
Radeon RX 570 (shows as AMD R9 xxx 8192 MB)
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 WiFi card

Try flushing the system cache and rebooting.

Thank you sir! I've bit the bullet and am using multibeast to do post installation set up as I type this. Look for me posting with more problems o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back