1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum.

My system has been working perfectly for years. I can think of no recent config changes except attaching and detaching monitors.

Suddenly I'm getting this (see photo).

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide.

Jordan

Attachments

• kernel_panic_2.jpg
    kernel_panic_2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
The information showing what caused the Kernel Panic (KP) occurs before you took the photo. Can you get a shot of the verbose text before the stop point, maybe a video of the Verbose text?

As it stands we have no idea what caused the KP.

Can you confirm the following:
  • Bootloader used (Clover or OpenCore), & version
  • Version of High Sierra you are running.
Can you provide a copy of your current Clover or OC folder, with the Serial Number redacted/deleted from the config.plist, so we can see what you are using.

Details of any kexts installed in /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions folders.

I was able to solve the problem with a "Gordian Knot" solution: I dismounted the boot drive, mounted it on another (actual) Macintosh by means of a USB/SATA adapter; used Clover Configurator to mount its EFI partition....and then simply replaced the files there with a backup I'd saved. Now it works perfectly.

Somehow the EFI got changed or corrupted...luckily I don't have to figure out how or why.

Thanks again for your attention. This community is extremely helpful and erudite.

Jordan

That’s not an unusual way to fix a borked drive. Good to hear you fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back