Graphics
Nvidia gtx760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Was a bit of a challenge but, with this great forum, it was no problem.

I used the wonderful instruction here; http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk.html

Big thanks to all who contributed!

I only had two issues.

I needed to boot using the safe mode flag during installation processes.

-x -v UseKernelCache=no

The other issue was after running Multibeast on my new NUC's SSD there was no Extra folder on the main system drive. I do not know why this was the case. So, I copied the one from the Unibeastkey and placed the org.chameleon.boot.plist, smbios.plist, SSDT.aml and DSDT.aml files from the "NUC Install Pack" into the new Extra folder as directed.

I did not mess with any of the audio stuff. This new NUC is going into my main Stereo system where I have a TEAC UD501 USB DAC.

Thanks again to all who work so hard to make this a great site.

I have not tried using clover.

The two item you are having trouble with seem to be the ones everyone is having trouble with. It looked like at the bottom of the guide I linked to, they spent some time tweaking things to get both the video and audio drivers working correctly.

I did not need to do this since I am plugging in the USB DAC for the audio, which is working perfectly, and am using a small LCD monitor. I am not doing anything graphical with this computer. It is strictly for sound. It is replacing a mid size tower that had fans and mechanical hard drives that were very noisy to have in a music room. I am very happy with the little NOK's noise levels. It is not completely silent but, I cannot hear it over the fans in my power amps which are very quiet.

I hope you get it working. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back