Contribute
Register

Successfully Installed Sierra 10.12.4 in ASUS P5Q-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I followed the tutorial but the error appears: mac version not yet set.
I did the procedure with the saw 10.11.6

My P5Q-E hackintosh is running 10.12.6. Have you tried it with Sierra?

When I boot from UniBeast and follow your instructions, I click Install OSX Sierra from external, and it doesn't go past the Apple Logo. When you created your UniBeast USB did you select UEFI or Legacy? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, any suggestions?

I used legacy. This motherboard doesn't support UEFI.

Same here... Can’t past Apple logo and progress bar without any progress. Just stuck there. When I boot with -v it stuck at FakeSMC.

Also, in clover, my mouse is working but keyboard doesn’t.

I am trying to install High Sierra.

Somebody got any tip?

Is your keyboard wireless by any chance? I have noticed that a wireless Logitech keyboard doesn't work in clover, but my Apple USB keyboard and Corsair K65 LUX works just fine.

My P5Q-E hackintosh is running 10.12.6. Have you tried it with Sierra?

I used legacy. This motherboard doesn't support UEFI.

Is your keyboard wireless by any chance? I have noticed that a wireless Logitech keyboard doesn't work in clover, but my Apple USB keyboard and Corsair K65 LUX works just fine.
No, it is regular USB keyboard. Still no progress

No, it is regular USB keyboard. Still no progress

Have you tried another keyboard or the keyboard in another port? My Corsair keyboard is plugged into the top left USB and my mouse is on the top right.

If it helps I have attached the config.plist for my machine. Bare in mind I have two GTX 560 TI cards installed so I am using the native Apple drivers for the displays.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 512
Have you tried another keyboard or the keyboard in another port? My Corsair keyboard is plugged into the top left USB and my mouse is on the top right.

If it helps I have attached the config.plist for my machine. Bare in mind I have two GTX 560 TI cards installed so I am using the native Apple drivers for the displays.
Thanks, I will give it a try later. Problem is that keyboard works in BIOS, just in clover no.

you need to install usbdrv from clover installantion under folder driversX64 or UEFIx64

you need to install usbdrv from clover installantion under folder driversX64 or UEFIx64
Hey buddy, thanks, but I don’t know how to do that. Can you give a little more precise input?

Sorry, i am a total noob, I know

Hey buddy, thanks, but I don’t know how to do that. Can you give a little more precise input?
If you haven't already done it, installing a driver in Clover means
A- you mount the EFI partition of your hard disk, then go to folder /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/ - there you drop the driver
or
B- let clover installation app do it for you: choose the driver in CUSTOMIZE-option of the install-wizard.

-I use my old ASUS P5Q-E as secondary hackintosh, high sierra ran on it a month ago with an Nvidia GT730.

O tried all, but no network. I tried the kext help from Tony with the downloaded files. If I boot directly without USB, the screen remains black. I've tried everything; I have an older 1GB Nvidea card. Also, no network Ethernet. I even tried with a external USB WiFi card, but no luck to get any network.
I can only boot with Clover USB, as when I don't boot yes, Clover is coming up, but, as I wrote, the screen will stay black.
Is there any solution to this?

good guide for my ancient p5q-e.. thank you.

Hey Daisy81

Someone else from Virginia. I'm in Charlottesville. Are you close?

I'm trying to get El Capitan running on the same motherboard, a Q9400 CPU and 8GB of RAM. My video choice is not yet firm as it's giving me plenty of grief. And I can't get the audio to work

Can you give me some guidance?
Thanks
Barry]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back