Contribute
Register

Successfully created a hackintosh, but can no longer access my previous Windows 10 operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, and hopefully somebody can help me out with this.

Last night I finally did what I've been contemplating for a while now, and that was dual boot a hackintosh with my windows 10 system. It was pretty easy in my opinion, everything went fine and I had MacOS running on my computer within an hour or two. However, after working with my MacOS side of things I decided to go over to my Windows partition because I don't really have a use for my MacOS, (it was just to try it out, I am curious about this kind of stuff), and sadly, whenever I tried booting my m.2 from clover, it would just hang with a flashing little underscore, and nothing would change. I'm not a wizard with this stuff, but from the sounds of it, it seemed like I locked myself out of my old windows partition. So I just did a reinstall of windows on a different ssd in my system. This is great and all, but I still cant boot from my m.2, and thats what I need. I don't want all of this dual-boot hackintosh stuff.

So basically, what I am asking, is if there is any way I can get all of this clover, hackintosh and everything else off my system so that my computer can boot from my m.2 partition again.

Basically remove all files and act like nothing ever happened? Thank you in advance im losing my hair over this.

Im thinking I will just reflash my bios and it will get rid of whatever was messing with it. From the looks of it, when I used clover, it changed the partition table from GUID to MBR or vice versa, I am not really sure. All i know is that one cannot read the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back