Contribute
Register

Successful MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 installation on GA-X79-UP4 +i7 3820+Radeon 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • First of all, I have not been monitoring this post which I illustrated for readers to use as a framework to install HS with IDENTICAL MoBo+CPU +Graphics or at least the GA-X79 MoBo
  • I have not been doing anything on that machine since I updated it to HS 10.13.6.
  • Your profile is empty of any hardware SPECS. How can the EFI from my System help you and others who have not provided any hardware specs.
  • Unless you have the hardware SPECS on Personal Details according to Forum rules , I will be complicit in encouraging rule breakers.:)

Thanks for your reply, i've updated my signature to include my specs. For the record, it is GA-X79S-UP5-Wifi. i7-3930k, GTX 980. My issue is that i can't complete the install successfully, i get a MACH_REBOOT and a panic about AppleACPIplatform. With another set of files, I was able to start the installation, but got a firmware error during the installation. If could could share your EFI folder, it might help. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, i've updated my signature to include my specs. For the record, it is GA-X79S-UP5-Wifi. i7-3930k, GTX 980. My issue is that i can't complete the install successfully, i get a MACH_REBOOT and a panic about AppleACPIplatform. With another set of files, I was able to start the installation, but got a firmware error during the installation. If could could share your EFI folder, it might help. Thanks.

Please upload your BIOS screen images and your current non-working EFI . I will check, edit and re-upload for you to try.

• For anyone using Gigabyte Motherboard, BIOS Screen shots can be taken and saved to a FAT32 formatted Flash disk.
  • The Images are created as BMP (large size) files but for this Forum convert them to png using graphics editor before uploading.
  • You can use your OS X installer USB which has an EFI Partition in FAT that has a lot of free space even after CLOVER is loaded in its 210MB space for your 10-12 BIOS screen shots in BMP.
  • After entering BIOS with Del key, open to view screens from Left to RIGHT and then press F-12
  • Wait for several seconds for the disk to be ready and you get the prompt to press ENTER to save the image.
  • Repeat this until all images are taken and then you can shut down the PC that has boot failure and take the USB to another Mac or Hack to mount EFI and open to see in EFI folder numbered images.
  • Edit the images in your Graphics editor and save as png.
  • If using Preview , just open the image by clicking it and from Preview >File> Export >Save As : File name -> file Forma:t png [See images]

Attachments

• 1.Preview_File>Export.png
    1.Preview_File>Export.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 2.Preview_File_Export_png .png
    2.Preview_File_Export_png .png
    77.2 KB · Views: 154
Thank you for your reply.

I have attached my EFI folder and provided the screenshots as requested

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
  • 181008043401.png
    181008043401.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 181008043417.png
    181008043417.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 181008043426.png
    181008043426.png
    170 KB · Views: 164
  • 181008043431.png
    181008043431.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 181008043438.png
    181008043438.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 142
Thank you for your reply.

I have attached my EFI folder and provided the screenshots as requested
  • I reviewed your BIOS screen shots and EFI.

• I noted a MAJOR problem with your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. THERE ARE NO KEXTS in Other . ALL numbered folders are also EMPTY.

• Remove empty numbered folders and
  • To Other folder, add
    • FakeSMC .kext (Essential to boot Hackintosh) as well as your
    • Ethernet kext and
    • Graphics Support kexts (Lilu and WhatEverGreen.kext) and
    • kexts that will help with USB ports like RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kex and GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
    • Also add NullCPUPM .kext; it may help but does no harm if not needed. Use the latest versions of all kexts.

• Correct existing identified problems before trying my EFI which I can provide later if required, if boot fails again even after modifying your EFI and BIOS as shown in upload edited images of CLOVER and my BIOS screen shots to emulate.
    • Your board may have difference from mine and your SSDT is made for your Board.
    • My Patched ACPI files, SSDT.aml for my Board are in my ACPI folder of the EFI and they may not help your board and can potentially cause issues.
    • I suggest my EFI as the last resort.
  • Please edit your EFI and BIOS as suggested and post with uploaded images.
  • ALWAYS boot in Verbose Mode to get text-based screens.
  • I will try my best to help you and your post can help others if you upload all files and images as suggested.

Attachments

• 1.drivers64UEFI.png
    1.drivers64UEFI.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.kexts:Other_EMPTY.png
    2.kexts:Other_EMPTY.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 3.ACPI_Patched_SSDT.png
    3.ACPI_Patched_SSDT.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 4.png
    4.png
    485.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 5.Boot.png
    5.Boot.png
    515.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 6.Devices.png
    6.Devices.png
    375.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 7.Gui.png
    7.Gui.png
    411.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 8.Graphics.png
    8.Graphics.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 9.Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    9.Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 10.Rt variables.png
    10.Rt variables.png
    497.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 11.SMBIOS.png
    11.SMBIOS.png
    461 KB · Views: 285
  • 12.System Report.png
    12.System Report.png
    524.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 1.MIT_Current Status.png
    1.MIT_Current Status.png
    157 KB · Views: 268
  • 2.MIT_XMP _1.png
    2.MIT_XMP _1.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 3.System InfoBIOS Ver_SystemTime&DATE.png
    3.System InfoBIOS Ver_SystemTime&DATE.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 4.Boot Option 1 USB Installer Disk.png
    4.Boot Option 1 USB Installer Disk.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 5.USB Installer First Boot Disk.png
    5.USB Installer First Boot Disk.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 6.Boot Option Priorities_First Boot System Disk.png
    6.Boot Option Priorities_First Boot System Disk.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 7.BIOS Features_Other OS and UEFI Only.png
    7.BIOS Features_Other OS and UEFI Only.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 8.USB Controllers.png
    8.USB Controllers.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 9.SATA configuration.png
    9.SATA configuration.png
    201 KB · Views: 228
  • 10.Serial Port.png
    10.Serial Port.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 11.Power Management.png
    11.Power Management.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 235
Thanks for the guide. I'm trying to update my CustoMac 2011 from the signature, GA-X79-UP4 | i7 4960X | GeForce GTX 760. Rather than trying to upgrade the existing installation, I purchased a new WD Blue 250GB SSD for a fresh install. I'm trying to install High Sierra and used Unibeast 8.3.2. I followed OP's screenshots for BIOS and Clover settings, and copied every step exactly as shown. My BIOS version matched OP exactly.

When I try to boot to install, I get a Kernel Panic almost right away. The text scrolls off screen (trying to figure out if that is stored on the USB somewhere), but I see at the top:

Code:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
     com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
     com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(6.1)
          dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
          dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)
          dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(3.1.9)

I've searched the threads here for that KP, and none of the responses I found helped me get past it. Any suggestions on what else I might try? I've tried using the OP's command line args without making the many other changes, unchecking some of the OP's changes in DSDT fix mask, npci=0x3000 instead of 0x2000, -f, -x, -s, darkwake=0 and other args I found in different responses.

Any ideas on how I can get past this kernel panic?

Thanks for the guide. I'm trying to update my CustoMac 2011 from the signature, GA-X79-UP4 | i7 4960X | GeForce GTX 760. Rather than trying to upgrade the existing installation, I purchased a new WD Blue 250GB SSD for a fresh install. I'm trying to install High Sierra and used Unibeast 8.3.2. I followed OP's screenshots for BIOS and Clover settings, and copied every step exactly as shown. My BIOS version matched OP exactly.

When I try to boot to install, I get a Kernel Panic almost right away. The text scrolls off screen (trying to figure out if that is stored on the USB somewhere), but I see at the top:

Code:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
     com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
     com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(6.1)
          dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
          dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)
          dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(3.1.9)

I've searched the threads here for that KP, and none of the responses I found helped me get past it. Any suggestions on what else I might try? I've tried using the OP's command line args without making the many other changes, unchecking some of the OP's changes in DSDT fix mask, npci=0x3000 instead of 0x2000, -f, -x, -s, darkwake=0 and other args I found in different responses.

Any ideas on how I can get past this kernel panic?
Upload your EFI Folder from the USB Installer as a compressed file.

Here it is.
I should mention this is the EFI as it comes after using Unibeast. I forgot about Clover Configurator and have been manually re-applying the changes every time. I'm going to try changing them in CC so that they persist.

I should mention this is the EFI as it comes after using Unibeast. I forgot about Clover Configurator and have been manually re-applying the changes every time. I'm going to try changing them in CC so that they persist.
  • I have edited your EFI and zipped and uploaded for you to unzip , extract and try replacing what you have in your macOS HighSierra 1013.6 USB Installer Flash disk's EFI Partition with this extracted EFI Folder.
  • Please note I have Nvidia GT 710 which is natively supported and does not require any Nvidia Web drivers or any config.plist editing.
    • If your Nvidia GTX 760 needs Nvidia Web driver Installation on your HDD after initial installation , you cannot just copy this EFI to make that bootable .
    • You will have to first ENABLE SIP ( edit config.plsit of System Disk's EFI/CLOVER/config/RT Variables_ CsrActiveConfig and change the current value of 0x67 to 0x00) during installation of Nvidia Web driver and then after reboot change it back to current value of 0x67
  • PLEASE NOTE: During installation with your USB Installer you may need to use nv_disable=1 (which I did not need and config.plist > but I have added to the one I uploaded)

hi there, i tried your settings/configuration as suggested, but was still getting the same kernel panic. I had to reinstall using a DSDT I found for a similar Gigabyte board. My previous installation did not use a DSDT but two SSDT files instead. I made a few other changes, including some of your suggested and updating lilu and whatevergreen kexts, but ultimately was able to get my system up and working. I've attached the kexts and EFI folder I use.

Thanks again for all your help, work has kept me from replying sooner but i do appreciate your help.

Attachments

• EFI and Kexts Gigabyte GA-X79S.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back