Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Got this thing running about a month ago . Used iBoot/Multibeast as per directions . Took a few tries to get everything to work ( except sleep , which I don't care about at present .. and sound which may or may not work , never checked , don't care at present. Here's a couple of pix of install screenshots and one of the machine before I stuffed everything into the case . Outside of the Intel cpu fan and a generic case fan , there's been no cooling heroics applied and no heat problems. Gonna disassemble it this weekend...Should look a lot nicer when I get around to fitting everything into a G5 case I picked up on eBay.The Geekbench score is 32 bit ( used it cuz it's free)
IMG_0539c.jpg

IMG_0537c.jpg

IMG_0536c.jpg

IMG_0538c.jpg

Congratulations! I, too, have the P55M-UD2. The good news for you is that everything works. See my Build Description link and Tonymacx86's MultiBeast Configuration snapshots thread in my signature block.

Like I said, everything works as advertised - sleep/wake-up and audio. The correct MultiBeast settings will get you there.

Thanks ... I copied your MultiBeast settings for when I reassemble the machine . It's good to know that everything will work .Also good to know Time Machine also works.. The reason I wasn't too concerned about getting sleep and sound functioning is that this build is a test bed for a " hopefully" better machine (certainly better looking , at least) in the G5 case I'm going to desecrate after I get out of work in a few weeks . Been wandering the threads here and elsewhere trying to sift out the best of everyone's builds to incorporate them into mine. I'll post pix if it comes out as I think it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back