Contribute
Register

Successful Install with Lion 10.7.2 but a major problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed Lion successfully and everything was working fine. I pretty much have a beast computer. In addition to what you see on the left I also have a 120GB SSD and 600GB Raptor Drive 10000 RPM. My computer was really fast in the beginning. I don't know what happened though. I am a film editor and I need quick response time. My videos used to transfer to adobe premiere pro and from hard to hard drive pretty quickly. a 10gb would take less than a minute. I don't know what happened now but, its taking 30-40 mins for a 7 gb file and Adobe Premiere Pro takes about 1-2 hours to load footage. I am noticing a huge slow down in hard disk performance. From what, I have no idea.

Does anyone have an idea on what this can be or where I can start? I feel like I have a 6 yr old computer.. It's not fun.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am not sure what's causing it but I think it might be the Raptor drive that is slowing down. Should I install the TRIM enabler anyway?

Also, even when I watch video clips on my computer. It works for the first few seconds and then I get the spinning wheel of death. It then takes forever to stop spinning and starts playing again. Something is obviously slowing down my computer. I wish I knew what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back