Contribute
Register

Successful Install Asus Rampage Formula lll

Status
Not open for further replies.
First a little bit about my system. I am running an Asus Rampage Formula lll. Core i7 965 Extreme Edition Processor. 2 XFX ATI Radeon HD6870 (Not Cross fired) . 2 OCZ Vertex lll 120g SSD HDD's and 1 160g Western Digital HDD running Windows 7 Ultimate. All Laptop drives as I don't see a need for these big ass desktop drives. I am running 24g of Corsair 1366 DDR3 Memory and a sony CDRom. Powering this all is a Corsair 750W PSU. Im pretty sure that covers it all . For Monitors I am using A 40" Sony Bravia 6 as my main monitor. A 50" Sony Bravia 6 as my secondary monitor and then a small 20" Samsung Monitor. So far I can report everything working Except the icloud App which wont let me log in.

All I did to get this working was prepare an 8g key with Unibeast 1.5.2 (1.5.0 and 1.5.1 would not work with my set up for whatever reason) according to the instructions in these forums and BAAAAAAM !!!!! it worked with no problem. After install I ran Multibeast 4.6.1 to install audio and ethernet kext and that was it. Im typing this message running 10.8 !!! if I can get the cloud issue resolved that would be fantastic. I must say that this particular setting I have is BLAZING FAST. Im not sure exactly which part is contributing the most (maybe its the OS) but WOW the speeds and smoothness with which I can do stuffs !!!. The Lion Hackintosh was fast but this is LIGHTENING FAST !!!!

edit : icloud is now fully functional.. on its own..... lucky me......

Hey buddy, thank you very much for your post. Been researching this for a long time for my board...but what exact process did you follow? You mention that you are on 10.8 but MultiBeast 4.6.1 is for Lion.

Hey, I'm trying a very similar build to yours, which I have Lion running on. When I reboot and select my USB, the screen goes black for a minute, there's a flash on the screen, and the system reboots.

I've tried the PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, -v, and -x options as stated in the TonyMacx86 guide.

What to do now? :p

Okay, I've got it installed and booting. However the boot idles for three minutes or so before the HDD kicks in - no idea why it takes so long.

Could you post a snapshot of your multibeast setup on this mobo? I still don't have audio..... i'm getting impatient :p

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back