Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Z68X-UD3H-B3, 550 ti, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get full resolution in the boot screen with your 560TI? I get black bars all around it when using 1920x1080.

if you mean the gray screen with the dark gray apple logo, no, but i dont really care

I haven't been able to get audio working on my UD3H. What drivers did you use? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have the following audio kexts installed:

ALC8XXHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
ALC889

Did you do a clean install or an update?

i dont know, but i think it wasnt a clean install
all i did was follow the instructions tonymac provided

I just updated from Snow Leopard to ML. I have the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, 12GB Ram, i5 2500k, and GTX 470. Install went perfect, however, when I ran multibeast I did the User DSDT for this board (correct bios version, too) and now it won't boot. It hangs on Apple boot screen and displays the 0 with a line through it. I can boot up into safe mode by typing -x on boot from USB, but that's only way. Is it graphics? Can I undo the User DSDT? What should I do? Thanks!

Sorry i have no idea :(

I just updated from Snow Leopard to ML. I have the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, 12GB Ram, i5 2500k, and GTX 470. Install went perfect, however, when I ran multibeast I did the User DSDT for this board (correct bios version, too) and now it won't boot. It hangs on Apple boot screen and displays the 0 with a line through it. I can boot up into safe mode by typing -x on boot from USB, but that's only way. Is it graphics? Can I undo the User DSDT? What should I do? Thanks!

What's the last message you see when you boot with -v?

does USB 3.0 work?

havent installed anything related to usb 3.0, so no
i might try later though

EDIT: I installed the USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas and Etron kext and now the ports on the mobo work *tested with a USB 2.0 USB

What's the last message you see when you boot with -v?

See attached pic. Something about applepowermanagement. Couple other possibilities. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20120725_214221.jpg
    IMG_20120725_214221.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 143

Same here. Identical board, ram count and processor. Same exact issue, -v indicates "Waiting for root device..." just after the PCI config stage. Something is hanging it up bad after install a user DSDT for this Mobo as I tried it by itself trying to isolate it. I have noticed that everything functions without the DSDT/MultiBeast install. Maybe I'll just use MB to install an audio enabler and just forego the issue entirely until whatever this is is figured out.

EDIT: I have upgraded to F10 revision of the BIOS and plan on trying this DSDT to see if it fixes. Will update with anything fruitful.

Also is there a way to delete kexts in safe mode? I can't seem to access the system or library folders in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back