Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tried for 20 hours till eyes started burning, but despite all, I'm stuck at
"end randomseed
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++" (which it was a bonus to reach here as before it didn't even boot)
Preparation (All latest Version) was UniBeast, Install MacOs Mojave (from App Store), BIOS, Clover Configuration following Blouse install (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i9-9900k-z390-aorus-pro-dual-vega-64s.264948/). Also, add memory mapping info as Ram are in dual channel slots 1 and 3, due to Noctua NH-D15, blocking slot 0.

Followed CaseySJ guide to the letter and got almost everything working which is a success. You can find it here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

What Works
  • It boots and I have a MAC
  • Sleep, Wake, Reboot, Shutdown. Wake from sleep now requires a single keypress. Thanks to @e-troc for the suggestion to use darkwake=0.
  • WiFi and Bluetooth using the BCM94360CS2 card with a PCIe x1 adapter.
  • Handoff, Continuity, AirDrop, Continuity Camera, Unlock with Apple Watch.
  • Quick Look, Preview, HEVC, H.264.
  • iMessage, FaceTime, App Store, iTunes Store.
  • Onboard gigabit Ethernet ports.
  • Vega 64 not freaking out on watts power and fan speed (sometimes power goes up for no reason but fan is not following it, but most of the time it stays a low power and low fan).
  • TRIM is enabled on all NVMe without any patches. TRIM is enabled on SATA SSD with the TRIM Enabler patch (config.plist).
  • Internal Audio - Working perfectly including HDMI, DP, Internal and Digital as well as Bluetooth headphones/speakers.
  • Computer and CPU name.
What Does Not Work

• IGPU not showing at all
  • Under PCI - still all empty
  • USB - Only shows one USB 3.1 Bus, however when I plug in all other ports, it mounts my USB drive correctly
Latest config:

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Sorry, as soon as I add my config file, it save the post, forget to say, please and thank you for any help I can get.Also, as of right now, the config is vanilla UniBeast, before I added a bunch of drives under UEFI64 but now its all based on UniBeast.
Because you have a Gigabyte Z390, you can follow most of the procedure from here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

The End Randomseed should disappear if you:
  • Replace AptioMemoryFix-64 with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
  • Enable "slide=0" checkbox in Clover Configurator

Playing with Kexts or Drivers did nothing. So started from scratch again, formatted USB and install Unibeast with default options (vanilla), this time it booted (praise the Lord) and it went as far as Ethernet then it crashed. Also prior to Ethernet, it said that USB ports reached the limit and it was not creating remaining 11 ports.

Playing with Kexts or Drivers did nothing. So started from scratch again, formatted USB and install Unibeast with default options (vanilla), this time it booted (praise the Lord) and it went as far as Ethernet then it crashed. Also prior to Ethernet, it said that USB ports reached the limit and it was not creating remaining 11 ports.
The config.plist you posted has a lot of issues. Recommend you start again with the Build Guide I linked in Post #3.

Sorry, that was the messed config.plist, I updated the vanilla one I'm using it.
Please try this one.

There may be other issues in CLOVER folder, but at least give this a try.

Attachments

• config-Kharcoff-2.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 140
OMG, I noticed that it was crashing actually after the ethernet with error "Still waiting for root device", then google find same issues in previous OSX versions, but I've tried their solution and it worked, I'm now on the OSX Install page, which I'm sure it will be a new post to make everything works, but it's a good start.
The fix: After I get "Still waiting for root device", I got the USB drive and started connecting into other ports, until it started to read the usb again. The port that worked was the one from the front case connected to the header on the mainboard, but its a 3.0 USB port that I was avoiding like the plague as all guides say to only use 2.0 ports. Oh well, will continue. Thanks a bunch, Casey. I'm literally on 16 hours doing this, and I will go straight to 30 hours, till I get this working.

Good job! Knowing the real error message goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back