Contribute
Register

Success Yosemite On GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, i7-4790K, GTX760-2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Multibeast settings would I change for using a different graphics card? I am using an EVGA GT 740.
I have the same video card and, while recognizing perfectly the first start, even both monitors after rebooting and applying MultiBeast monitors go to sleep. I tried various flags, GraphicsEnabler, nvda_drv but nothing ... the only way to be able to access it with the command nv_disable = 1 -f -v but obviously unusable.

Only detail, I can not start the first complete the "configuration" on the screen ... "configure your mac ..." I do not progress and I have to reboot.

I have the same video card and, while recognizing perfectly the first start, even both monitors after rebooting and applying MultiBeast monitors go to sleep. I tried various flags, GraphicsEnabler, nvda_drv but nothing ... the only way to be able to access it with the command nv_disable = 1 -f -v but obviously unusable.

Only detail, I can not start the first complete the "configuration" on the screen ... "configure your mac ..." I do not progress and I have to reboot.
You need to change your system definition to IMAC 14.2 with multibeast. Not Mac Pro 6.1. I was having the same problem not being able to boot into the Desktop until I changed this

You need to change your system definition to IMAC 14.2 with multibeast. Not Mac Pro 6.1. I was having the same problem not being able to boot into the Desktop until I changed this
Heres How I did it following Tonys guide with some amendments for my system specs.

My Specs
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
i7-4790K
GTX740-2GB
SSD Corsair 256GB
Corsair Vengeance-8GBx2..( use only 8 gig of memory for installation. Replace when finish)

Yosemite Installation

BIOS Setting
Disable Onboard Graphics
Disable V-TD

Create USB using UniBeast Method
Boot into the newly created unibeast usb drive with the following bootflag.
-v GraphicsEnabler=No
Partition the drive to be used for Yosemite installation.( One partition, guild, Mac OS X Extended(Journaled) then name it Yosemite. Then install.
after install boot with unibeast usb still in
But select the new installed HDD, use bootflag -v GraphicsEnabler=No
Set up your mac.etc.( set up wifi too is possible)
eject unibeast usb.
Download Multibeast.
use MultiBeast 7.0.1(for Yosemite)

Select DSDT free

Important: Please Deselect Generate CPU States from customization

Drivers

Audio-Realtek ALC1150
Disk-Trim Enabler 10.10.0-10.10.2 TRIM Patch. (You can try 10.10.3 TRIM Patch)
Network-AppleIntelE1000 v3.1.0a

Customize
System Definitions( set in multibeast)
iMac 14.2…( This must be the system definition or the Nvidia web drivers will not work and the system will not boot into the desktop without a boot flag shown below.)

After install Restart.
When restarting use boot flag……nv_disable= 1- -f-v ( This is so you can get back into the system to download and install your graphics card driver.)
Download and install latest Nvidia web drivers ( or else you won’t have proper graphics) Then reboot. Making sure your new installation drive is set as the first boot drive in the bios.
Finally u got ur Yosemite Desktop
Thanks to team Tonymac
icon_thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back