Contribute
Register

Success Yosemite Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH Core i7 4790K HD4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear you want to be friends :) I think we can help each other.

Not sure what to tell you about getting the GPU to work but I think I can help you get your onboard graphics working again. I did the same thing as you when I was fooling around with BIOS settings during my initial build. I changed the exact setting and the exact thing happened lol.

You can restore the BIOS back to defaults. That's what I did. There is a little tiny black button next to the lighted power switch on the MB. That is the CMOS reset button. I followed the MB instruction manual. It says to power everything off and unplug the power. Then push that little tiny button (not the lighted power button but the little tiny CMOS button next to it)

Lemme know when you are back up and running and if you get that GPU installed :headbang: I plan to put one in later this year when I upgrade displays to 4K. So I will be looking to you for help lol! :confused:

Also let me know if you get iMessage working. I am reading the thread now...

Hi, thanks. Three people, including a friend I just called about it, suggested the same thing. But I have just done that and still have nothing up on screen. Any ideas?
On the subject of the GPU installation, I will be posting up an update on my original post here once I figure it all out. So you will be the first to know ;)

Hi, thanks. Three people, including a friend I just called about it, suggested the same thing. But I have just done that and still have nothing up on screen. Any ideas?
On the subject of the GPU installation, I will be posting up an update on my original post here once I figure it all out. So you will be the first to know ;)

Sounds like you might not have cleared the CMOS somehow. Check out your MB manual. Page 23 -> Quick Buttons -> CMOS_SW

Make sure you shut down, unplug the power cord from the back of your case and then push and hold that button for a few seconds. I would also remove the GPU before you reboot. Now check your BIOS settings. Mine went all back to default (Optimized Defaults)

OK, I didn't hold it down, I just pressed it.
I'll try that now.

Nope, absolutely nothing.
I am not even getting that little DOS style white flashing dash up in the left hand corner when you press the DEL key to get into the BIOS.
This is so frustrating! I'm using the original DisplayPort cable that was working just fine before I tried to install my GPU. I don't understand.
I have read that HMDI is more troublesome. I might try with that anyways.
My GPU was taken out hours ago.

HDMI Just worked! I cannot believe it!
Should I load optimized defaults and then reboot to enter the BIOS to set it up as it was. I think I remember loading the optimized setting first time around.

So I got it all working. It did not seem relevant to this actual thread, so I posted it separately here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...recommended-gpu-graphics-card.html#post986009

I am going to also post another version along with the whole build and this graphics card story once I get CUDA working for Premiere and After Effects. Do you work with either of these applications? I have struggled to find good information about the best graphics card to get to make both my Mackintosh and the Adobe creative suite work seamlessly. In the end I just went for the GTX760 because at least there seemed to be a few people running them and there were at least some bits of information on doing it. Although I've yet to find anyone with any type of card who can confirm success. SO here we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back