Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS, Writing in Progress] Acer 5749 Hardware Guide + Mavericks 100%!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simple, I'll write it in the guide in a few minutes Days.Actually the guide will be a video on youtube because making a video seems easier for me and for anyone who wants to install.After you install Mavericks, delete all the kexts related to Intel HD:1- Boot -s2- /sbin/mount -uw /3- cd System/Library/Extensions4- rm -rf ./AppleIntelHD*5- rm -rf ./AppleIntelSNB*6- Now you can boot but without graphics, download and install any software update (10.9.1 as of now) and Intel HD 3000 will work fully with HDMI out.I don't really know why we need this workaround but hey, it works.
Strange workaround but I will try it. :thumbup: Which bootloader you are using for 10.9.1?

Only 10.9.1 is currently available from the Mac App Store. Apple only allows downloads of the latest.

What is the issue with graphics. The HD3000 drivers really aren't changing much lately. You should be able to get it to work. What is your screen resolution?

My problem now is a black screen... It only works when I plug in an HDMI monitor, otherwise, I get a black screen and the laptop's screen would not work..

EDIT: The problem here, is when I boot normally it would give me a black screen after fully booting.
After that, when I plug an HDMI cable, both monitors work, the HDMI and the built it one.
But when I disconnect HDMI, both of them are disconnected.
QE/CI Work fully, but somehow the screen isn't working.
Does it have to do with the SMBIOS? I have it at Macbookpro8,1

Strange workaround but I will try it. :thumbup: Which bootloader you are using for 10.9.1?

Don't try it, it didn't work this time for some reason..

Last time I used a hack I found on a t*****t (can't mention here sorry) it worked after updating to 10.9.1
This is REALLY strange..

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem now is a black screen... It only works when I plug in an HDMI monitor, otherwise, I get a black screen and the laptop's screen would not work..

EDIT: The problem here, is when I boot normally it would give me a black screen after fully booting.
After that, when I plug an HDMI cable, both monitors work, the HDMI and the built it one.
But when I disconnect HDMI, both of them are disconnected.
QE/CI Work fully, but somehow the screen isn't working.
Does it have to do with the SMBIOS? I have it at Macbookpro8,1

What is your screen resolution?

HDMI: 1080p
The Notebook: 1366x768

Try DSDT patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"HD3000 Low Resolution"
"Brightness Fix"
optional: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

Make sure you're using GraphicsEnabler=N IGPEnabler=N

Also, you may have an EDID issue... if the above doesn't work. Collect your EDID from Windows with MonInfo, then apply:
"Generic with EDID"

- modify EDID to be your own EDID data
- remove DualLink
- remove ig-platform-id

Also, if your laptop has a 7-series chipset, there is special things you need to do in DSDT. But your chipset is not specified in your profile, so I can't tell...

Try DSDT patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"HD3000 Low Resolution"
"Brightness Fix"
optional: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

Make sure you're using GraphicsEnabler=N IGPEnabler=N

Also, you may have an EDID issue... if the above doesn't work. Collect your EDID from Windows with MonInfo, then apply:
"Generic with EDID"

- modify EDID to be your own EDID data
- remove DualLink
- remove ig-platform-id

Also, if your laptop has a 7-series chipset, there is special things you need to do in DSDT. But your chipset is not specified in your profile, so I can't tell...

Thanks, I'll try all those.
By the way the chipset is in the signature: HM65
It's not a mixed config because HD3K is supported natively on HM65, both are Sandy Bridge.

Thanks, I'll try all those.
By the way the chipset is in the signature: HM65
It's not a mixed config because HD3K is supported natively on HM65, both are Sandy Bridge.

Missed that. Give it a try and report back. HD3K is not really natively supported... Need to inject correct snb-platform-id for mobile and... sometimes EDID.

Missed that. Give it a try and report back. HD3K is not really natively supported... Need to inject correct snb-platform-id for mobile and... sometimes EDID.
Applied All said patches and it didn't work..

Sorry guys, I'll have to start studying now or else I'll fail at chemistry.
I'll continue work on this in two days.
By the way the only thing that's not working now is Graphics, even Power management works..

Applied All said patches and it didn't work..

Sorry guys, I'll have to start studying now or else I'll fail at chemistry.
I'll continue work on this in two days.
By the way the only thing that's not working now is Graphics, even Power management works..

You did EDID inject too? With *your own* EDID data? It will not work with my EDID data as that is from a 1080p AUOv4.

Boot with "-x" if you can and post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back