Contribute
Register

Success with Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
rekrap

perhaps you could post some details of your build, as I too am using the ga-z77x-up5 th mobo and my TBolt ports are working if I have the TBolt devices plugged in on boot up, but I get a screen/system freeze if I unplug (hot swap) them at all.

Curious to see if your build has something added to make hot swap work for you.

running osx 10.8.4

hey,

great that you got so far, congrats.
courious if you'll be still able to use your internal hd4000 after installing the gtx.
i have asus maximus v extreme, with gtx680 4 gigs, and unable to use hd4000 paralelly.
no matter i installed multibeast's igpu support, and enable multi-monitor in bios, if i do, i'm stuck at startup screen.
looking for a solution, please post if you have one.

Hey fam, just wanna asked if you manage to work everything using that mobo asus maximus v extreme? I wanna build my own hackintosh using that mobo. Thanks in advance!

Have you had any problems with Thunderbolt and eSATA external drive conflicts? I have basically the same build as you, and when Thunderbolt drives are connected, my external eSATA drives won't mount.

Have you had any problems with Thunderbolt and eSATA external drive conflicts? I have basically the same build as you, and when Thunderbolt drives are connected, my external eSATA drives won't mount.

After struggling with intermittent eSata external drive mounting/not mounting irregardless of whether a TBolt drive was in play also, I switched all of my eSata connections to USB 3.0 with an adapter like these;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270301
and they always mount. eSata just doesn't behave very normal in these setups but I don't find that it's related to Thunderbolt drives on the system at all - just an eSata mounting issue.

Since the speed of eSata vs USB 3.0 is nearly identical in read/write I haven't noticed any performance hits using these adapters.

Hope that helps.

Rock on. Thank you. Glad I'm not alone here.

Ended up buying an eSATA-USB3 cable to connect my RAID backup. Had trouble booting and mounting the drives. Caused the same problems that I had when I had the drives connected eSATA-eSATA.

Don't know why this is.

Anyhow, I've got the RAID backup connected over USB2 right now and everything boots, mounts, and backs up fine.

I'll just live with this little inconvenience.

I put too many links in my original reply, it got moderated.

Looks like you might have a USB kext issue. Look for the latest USB 3.0 kext and try installing it. Sometimes it takes a few times to work.

Also, those eSata to USB cables don't work depending on brand. I've had good luck with the one from Newer Technology part# NWTADESATAUSB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back