2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
hello there (again)

i finally managed to get my 10.6.8 system back again to 10.7.3 with success. Only things that didn't work where Camera and Microphone (didn't work on 10.6.8 either) and Sound (Did actually work without a problem on 10.6.8)

after searching around, i came across a kext, that was promising. installed it through Kext Wizard (nothing else sound/ALC related was on E/E or S/L/E , restarted, and sound did work (ok it was not easy to listen, cause volume was quiet down) but ... microphone DID work.

So i Started to play around. EasyBeast was my first thought. Tried the Audio Drivers, unfortunate in combination with system (thing) i should (not) click. Did not get any Kernel panic, but when i tried to restart, first KP (revenge of my Hackintosh) showed up.

didn't manage to get it work either through -x, -v, -F or whatever switch i could find.

booted with the iBoot CD, started the 10.6.4 installation through the USB stick i got, and on the utilities screen in installer, through terminal, renamed all related kexts (related to sound), restarted, tried to get into 10.7.4, no KP, but no boot either

back to 10.6.4 installation, terminal, renamed all renamed kexts back to normal, restarted, no KP, but no boot either.

the only text based info i could get, was with the -v switch

IMG_0122.JPG

any help would be appreciated, since my images file i created, is damaged, and i have to restore back to 10.6.8 and do the whole procedure again.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 173
When you boot into Terminal, try deleting the audio kexts instead of renaming them.

Also, if you installed Mac OS X Lion with Unibeast, try booting into your system with your Unibeast USB drive. Then, you can delete the kexts that you installed.

TheSmartGuy, really thank you for your quick reply.

i managed to get to terminal, and deleted all audio related kexts (thank god, i got them written down).

restarted, tried normal to boot, KP. when i booted with the -v flag, this is the message i got

IMG_0123.JPG

unfortunate, i didn't install Lion through the app, also the USB method, i have the 10.7 retail image, so i used xMove, and me idiot, after installation deleted the installer partition :(

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 161
funny thing

tried to boot up with -x -v UseKernelCache=No ForceWake=No and it stopped here

IMG_0125.JPG

what is going on ....

Attachments

• IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 169
The first screenshot says that there's a problem with FakeSMC, which is a kext that's required for Hackintoshes to boot. I'm not sure there's anything you can do to fix that from Terminal.

Burn rBoot onto a CD and try booting your Hackintosh with that.

so, i didn't manage to boot up either with rBoot or something else, my Lion 10.7 and 10.7.2 DMG backup seemed to be kinda corrupted, so i had to go back to my good 10.6.8 backup and from there 10.6.8 -> 10.7 -> 10.7.2 -> 10.7.3, kexts back in place and system is up again.

conclusion:

- for some reason, the backup i created from inside Disk Utility (to be honest i got 2 of them, 10.7 and 10.7.2 backup) didn't do the job, so from now on , full backup through CCC

- have to find a way, to backup the main system, so if something like that happens again, i don't have to get back to a full backup, but to restore only the files/folders needed to boot back into the system (i guess something like to backup E/E and S/L/E)

anyway, thank you again for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back