Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ventura with Clover sextuple boot Haswell GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK

So what kexts did you end up using?

So what kexts did you end up using?
I haven't had a chance to go back and fiddle with my Hack. Basically I'm still running what was posted in post #1.
Planning to do an update in a couple of weeks when I should have time to play around. I'll updated thread when I do.

Your username reminds me of someone else I know on another fourm, you on any other non computer related forums with a similar name?

I haven't had a chance to go back and fiddle with my Hack. Basically I'm still running what was posted in post #1.
Planning to do an update in a couple of weeks when I should have time to play around. I'll updated thread when I do.

Your username reminds me of someone else I know on another fourm, you on any other non computer related forums with a similar name?
I am the only one using this username anywhere.

Just a minor update. A few weeks ago I updated to the latest Clover 5151, and removed the suggested kexts:

CPUFriend.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCDellSensors.kext
SMCLightSensors.kext
&
NVMeFix.kext

I left HibernationFixup.kext, in place so far. Just because I've had issues in the past with my Hack going to deep sleep and not waking up properly.

So far everything is working well no real issues.

I believe I can also remove these 2 kexts
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext

I think next week sometime I will have a chance to tackle the iCloud & SMBOIS issue.

You can remove the SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext if you don't use or want to use a Hardware Monitor app. As that is what those two kexts are, kernel extensions that provide data to monitoring apps.

I retain them, as I use HWMonitorSMC2 on my hacks. This app can be downloaded from the following Github repository.

It works with VirtualSMC.kext so no need to add FakeSMC.kext if you don't use it. Those two kexts plus a few others allow for all sorts of data to be read from the system and displayed in macOS. As shown in the two screenshots below.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 21.05.44.png Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 21.05.54.png

This app works with Intel Power Gadget.

The zipped folder below contains a number of other Sensor kexts, that may be of use. Just make sure to read the Readme doc before using any of the kexts.

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    344.6 KB · Views: 25
Another update.

I finally got around to updating to Monterey, and at the same time fixed my serial number and resetting NVRAM.
Thanks to @Edhawk for pointing me in the correct direction with this.

Here's what I did. Still using Clover. Before updating to Monterey I updated to the latest Clover. Logged out of any icloud, Apple ID stuff. Then using Clover Configuator changed my SMBOIS. It populates all the info. Checked online for serial number, not found. Restarted and in Clover boot screen reset NVRAM with F11 (I pushed it twice, you'll see a little flicker). Restart, log back into iCloud no issues so far. Restart again just in case. So far so go.

Update to Monterey. I don't actually do an update, erase and install. Finished that and any other updates and log into iCloud and this is where things get sketchy. I could not log in, some vague error about not able to. Did a little online researching and apparently your Ethernet port must be set to "built in" and EN0!!

Used Hackintool to find the hex code for Ethernet port, Proper Tree to edit Plist to change it to built in.
Still nothing. Found this vague post about this similar problem. Clover has a setting for FixLan, which sets the Lan Port to 1, which use to be what Apple wanted. Mine was on, turned it off then restarted. Checked ethernet, was EN0, logged into iCloud, boom working. Been fine ever since with no iCloud warnings about Apple ID!

I still have all my other partitions with various OS's' I've just removed Mojave and replaced it with Monterey.

BTW @Nodarkthings the recovery partitions from the other partitions and OS's work. At one point I was going to use the recovery partition from my testing Monterey to install it.

Thanks all!

Back