HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ordered and received ASUS N10 from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/USB-N10-wireless-N-Transmit-Interface-software/dp/B003E6493G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322770781&sr=8-1

Driver & Wireless Utility downloaded from:

http://www.opendrivers.com/download/driver-147398.html

Ran Wireless Utility in Applications to select and setup my wireless profile, and as soon as profile was setup, N10 that was showing 'Not Connected' in System Preferences>Network changed to 'Connected.'

N10 has been working, and very fast, for the 5-6 hours after initial installation.

Additionally, it does go to sleep and wakes up and works just as it did before going to sleep. I do notice that the Wireless Utility app open up as well.

After you restart, do you need to use the Wireless Network Utility to manually reconnect? I've got mine working in 10.7.2 as well, but the Network utility in System Prefs doesn't remember my settings...

Yes, I need to run the Wireless Utility 9 times out of 10 to reconnect wifi. Only if the hack goes to sleep for a short duration will it reconnect automatically. I have not checked the Network prefs ever since I got it to work, but I will go see if there is anything odd there. My guess is that it is the Wireless Utility that makes N10 work.

Yeah. It's obviously not designed to trick OSX into thinking there's a real "airport" card installed. My current workaround is to put it in my Login Items on startup. As long as there's a profile saved, it will automatically reconnect after the app launches. Only downside is that you have to quit the app manually after it has connected (or leave it running).

Could be worse! I'm not getting the same speeds as my MacBook Pro's wifi though. Actually about half according to Network Utility and about a 1/4th on Speedtest.net

MacBook Pro gets ~20 Mpbs on Speedtest.net
Hackintosh with ASUS N10 gets ~5 Mbps on Speedtest.net

I get 14 mbps download and a little less than 1 mbps upload, which I think has more to do with Time Warner Road Runner setup at my house. Mine actually seems faster than the wired Ethernet connection I had been using. I am simply glad I have one less wire running under my desk.

slowjin said:
I get 14 mbps download and a little less than 1 mbps upload, which I think has more to do with Time Warner Road Runner setup at my house. Mine actually seems faster than the wired Ethernet connection I had been using. I am simply glad I have one less wire running under my desk.

Weird! I wonder why mine isn't working better. Maybe it's a motherboard issue. I haven't noticed it much other than trying to watch a couple youtube videos and having to wait for buffering.

i just got an asus N10 and it's working great with lion 10.7.2 super fast and easy to install :D :headbang:

chace90 said:
slowjin said:

Weird! I wonder why mine isn't working better. Maybe it's a motherboard issue. I haven't noticed it much other than trying to watch a couple youtube videos and having to wait for buffering.

did anyone solve the slow network issue??

thanks!

OMG thank you. this community is the best, this post was awesome!!! finally internet on my hack pro!!!

The Asus EZ N USB-N10 worked perfectly, but it doesn't support de EAP/PEAP protocol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_Extensible_Authentication_Protocol).

I found this driver provided by the Realtek. I use Mac OS X LION 10.7.3 but you can found drivers for SNOW LEOPARD (10.6), LEOPARD (10.5) and for TIGER (10.4).

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...231&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

The only problem is that you have to use the Wireless Network Utility to find and connect to the available networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back