Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
EVGA 1070 Ti SC
Hello, I have a Customac that has been running Mavericks successfully for the past few years however I just upgraded my video card to an evga 1070 ti and I needed to upgrade to High Sierra for it to work.

I successfully installed a fresh copy of High Sierra using the Multibeast guide and then the nvidia web drivers as well, all with the video card uninstalled. However once I plug the card into the motherboard, even if I am still plugged into the onboard graphics I get the attached "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error. I've tried plugging into the card as well, using nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 flags (separately of course), and disabling SIP with csractiveconfig set to 0x67, all to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on anything else I could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Full specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
Proc: i7-4790k
Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC Hybrid
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 16gb DDR3-1600
HDD: Samsung SSD EVO 860

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 50
"Couldn't allocate runtime area" error.
Usually related to the wrong memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

So the fix was to disable the integrated graphics in the bios. I had been using one monitor in the mobo and the other in the video card for testing and it turned out once I disabled it and just kept one monitor plugged in the vid card it booted and works perfectly!

However this only works with one monitor plugged in, if I try to plug in both monitors at the same time I get the exact same error at boot, but if I plug in the second monitor once it's booted up it works just fine. After some searching it seems like others have had this problem and I will try to fix it however it's not as urgent and I'm just glad the system is overall up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back