CPU
I5-12600KF
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Upgrade from Catalina 10.15.7, Clover r5126, Kext updated ... no issue during install ... at moment all work fine!

Schermata 2020-11-14 alle 23.13.56.png

I've had the same problem. Switching to OpenCore has resolved it.
I have the same problem. I haven't switched to OpenCore yet for sentimental reasons. I hear that if you dual boot it requires extra tweaking (you have to put refind on the Windows drive). Is that still true?

I have the same problem. I haven't switched to OpenCore yet for sentimental reasons. I hear that if you dual boot it requires extra tweaking (you have to put refind on the Windows drive). Is that still true?

Main thing to keep in mind is that OC will I next ACPI changes for all OSes it boots. This really isn't that hard to get around - just changes how you go about doing patching. All the ssdts from the Dortania guide should be safe to use with windows/Linux though. Additionally, by default it will inject SMBIOS info into any OS as well. This can be seen as a benefit or as a con depending on if you loose windows activation or have software depending on your SMBIOS info. @Bustycat I think told you how you could around the SMBIOS info though with CreateSMBIOSMode and CustomSMBIOSGuid.

You could also just use the bios boot picker and choose the windows drive without additional tweaking of OC or windows. I am not sure if it is because I have very limited ACPI patches but my laptop boots from OC menu without any adverse effects that I have noticed.

I am already on Linux. the only reason I'm still tinkering with this stuff is that I like doing it. Also I could buy a house if I could have back all the money I've given to Apple over the years. Same with Win . I paid for the license and now it would be a waste to not use it. My daily driver is a 2009 Macbook pro with Arch linux and DWM. Which I love more than anything. IMHO when it comes to AMD and Intel Win and MacOS are 5 years behind Linux. And I think in the very near future they (Arch,Debian,RedHat) will take the lead in ARM CPU's for Desktop as well.
I have to say though .. The latest design of the MacOS (Big Sur) is gorgeous, and now the prices for Apple hardware are fair and reasonable. At least not as crazy as 5 or ten years ago. Big Sur is truly a very good looking OS. It's really beautiful to look at. I think that for the first time since he took over , TC is really doing a great job with Apple. After ten years of Phones and tablets he really invested in the laptop. Which is pretty cool. If I had and extra $1K, I would buy a Silicon Laptop tomorrow.
think you quoted the wrong person

You could also just use the bios boot picker and choose the windows drive without additional tweaking of OC or windows. I am not sure if it is because I have very limited ACPI patches but my laptop boots from OC menu without any adverse effects that I have noticed.
thanks. I think I'll stick to using Clover for now. I have Win Mojave and BS booting fine. I just need to figure out how to make Apple TV work, but I don't really use it/ need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back