Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

really amazing, all working fine, just installed over my Lion installation and after reboot used Multibeast with mit standard settings for GigaByte GA-X48-DQ6 (attached). All working fine, except CMOS-Reset - it's back ... no idea how to fix, but otherwise simply ease to upgrade to Lion. Hope for a CMOS fix soon.

cya

Attachments

• multibeast.png
    multibeast.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 670
For Mountain Lion 10.8
you can easy fix it with that command

new AppleRTC kext version 1.5, got rid of CMOS Resets on my setup with this perl script [Edit: for arch=x86_64].
Basically jumps over the checksum updates.
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

or with a Hext editor

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    58 KB · Views: 241
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 180
sorry, there is no /Extra/Extensions/ directory :(

As per Smolderas on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...307-mountain-lion-cmos-reset-after-sleep.html

These two lines from the terminal did it for me. Now my GA-X48-DQ6 setup works great. Video is an Nvidia GT9800+.

' sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC '

' sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches '

Note: the CMOS reset happens during boot, so you'll have to reboot, reset the BIOS, then reboot again to see if this worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back