Contribute
Register

Success: TUTORIAL Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R. Sapphire 5770.i7950

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just at Fry's Electronics. They have the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard. But all of the packages were marked down as if they were all returned. I saw other models that didnt have the markdown. I was wondering if there was anything wrong with that motherboard?

@ thedon
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1493744

Had my reservation about the mobo too but I nabbed it after having no support from hackintosh community with asus sabertooth. I have had no issues with the board and lot's of community advice and learning online is a huge plus.

Anyone know if the dsdt's from here have pstate and cstate stuff already in them? Looking to lower my temps in osx, right now im idling at about 43c. Windows I idle at about 37c. NOt sure if my temp readings are off in osx or what. I am at stock speeds for now.

I'm following your instructions to the letter (while looking over Lnx2Mac's and tonymacosx's blogs). I've gotten as far as the apple logo screen with the spinning wheel and thats where I'm pretty much stuck.

It's been about 45 minutes on the screen and I'm not sure if it takes a while or if something is wrong. I already tried safemode, -x, and am still stuck here.

I have a 1.5TB hard drive that i took out of an external. I formatted about 900GB Mac OS (journaled) and the rest as ExFat before putting together my Hackintosh. Could this be the cause of my problems?

Thanks for the help.

I've reformatted a 1.5t to a 500g left rest of the space unused and that worked. I kno it don't make sense to loose all that space but the drive was making noise and I figured it had 2 platters was trying to eliminate 1 if I could.

thejoebot23 said:
I've reformatted a 1.5t to a 500g left rest of the space unused and that worked. I kno it don't make sense to loose all that space but the drive was making noise and I figured it had 2 platters was trying to eliminate 1 if I could.

So you partition 500GB and formatted it mac os journaled? What did you format the rest of the hd? Thanks for the help. I'm still trying to figure this out.

-EDIT-

I just took out the HD, partitioned it into 980GB / 520GB using GUID partition. I also made both sides Mac OSX journaled. I'm still stuck at the screen (even with -x).

Bulleh said:
thejoebot23 said:

So you partition 500GB and formatted it mac os journaled? What did you format the rest of the hd? Thanks for the help. I'm still trying to figure this out.

-EDIT-

I just took out the HD, partitioned it into 980GB / 520GB using GUID partition. I also made both sides Mac OSX journaled. I'm still stuck at the screen (even with -x).

What are the rest of your specs? I think it is just better to use a smaller HDD for your boot drive and use the larger ones for all your other files.

tdragisics said:
Bulleh said:
thejoebot23 said:

-EDIT-

What are the rest of your specs? I think it is just better to use a smaller HDD for your boot drive and use the larger ones for all your other files.

I have the same Mobo, Processor, GPU, Optical and Ram (6GB vs your 12GB) as you. My HDD is a Seagate 7200rpm 1.5TB HDD. My power supply is an Antec EA-650 650W and case is a NZWT Apollo Case (Turned out to be just ugly looking in person, but thats another day, another problem).

Heres a link to what I've tried so far
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12321&p=79668#p79668

Getting a new hard drive will be my last ditch effort, I've tried almost everything I can possibly imagine. But if you can think of anything I haven't done please let me know. Thanks.

tdragisics - what case did you end up getting? Just trying to price things out.

How's the audio? I'm about to build my first custom order hackintosh (have installed in intel setups like gateways previously) and really just want to use this mostly for ableton live / reason 5 etc.

If anyone can suggest a ~$1500 build primarily for audio setup and an external firewire motu box I'd be indebted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back