CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thank you Tony for your wonderful MultiBeast that did almost everything in my SL install on a Dell 755 SFF.

As an absolute hackintosh noob it took me over a week to get myself acquainted with the basics and get a stable system up and running on my hardware.
In the end it came down to just one tiny little detail to make it work and had I got that little bit of information right at the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of torn out hair... So maybe this info can help others, too...

The basic system was up and running in about one or two hours - doing a clean install with the iBoot + MultiBeast method and a retail SL DVD as described in Tonys blog.
Then I found that the only graphics resolution I would get was 1024x768 -- what I wanted was a dual screen 1920x1080.

I dont want to bore you with all the detours that I took only to find that in the end it was just a matter of finding the right PCI root number (using gfxutil) for my Nvidia graphics card and setting "PCIRootUID=4" in the Kernel Flags in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Now (almost) everything works like a charm and I have only got a few glitches that dont (yet) work as I want them:
HDMI-Audio is still hidden in the bushes somewhere...
and I have to check into all the power saving modes that "should" be there somewhere...
I will get there eventually...

So once again:
Thank you so much Tony for making this install sooo easy with MultiBeast.
Maybe you want to add a little explanation about the PCIRoodUID, what it does and why it is important into your MultiBeast features pdf to save other noobs a little time, too ;)

Hi ,
I see that we use the same graphic car and I have some sleep problems with the trick that you've found did you went over that problem?

im having no luck with that card to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back