RX 6600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully built couple builds with help of Unibeast and Multibeast. I am not very familiar with programming but I hope this would help people who would like to build from scrap parts. Therefore, I am not sure whether I can answer any Q's. :rolleyes:

1. I have built this one from leftover GT 610, PSU and cases. Trip to Microcenter and good deal have let me to attempt this one.
  2. G4400 is cheap (~$50 USD) compared to other processors. This build is mainly for my office work. So, it surely satisfies my need.
  3. Being part of Apple Farm, I have been heavily farmed and I have iMessage-addiction...so having dual-booting hackintosh was ideal for me.

Entire idea has came from following post.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...s-z170m-plus-with-clover-using-pentium-g4500/

However, being a newbie, I opted out to Unibeast (El Capitan Version) w/ 10.11.4 and Multibeast

1. Following the installation guide, I created USB drive w/ Inject Nvidia (for GT 610)
  2. Put NullCPUManagement.kext and FakeSMC.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext under EFI\EFI\Clover\Kexts\10.11 on USB
  3. Then, open EFI partition --> EFI\Clover\config.plist w/ Clover Configurator.
  4. In config.plist, under Graphics, I have made sure Inject Nvidia
  5. Put FakeCPUID as following (IvyBridge) w/ Clover Configurator Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 12.17.03 PM.png
  6. Then follow this steps from above guide,
    Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 12.20.52 PM.png
--- I have done everything except nv_disable=1, because w/ GT 610 I don't need it.

5. Install as you would, following guide of Part 3, 4.

6. For Part 5 Post installation, I used following​
Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 12.01.07 PM.png

7. Then, again open config.plist w/ Clover Configurator to inject FakeCPUID and audio device. I also put Memory DDR4 info too. However, it doesn't get recognized in 10.11.4 after boot (see below)​

Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 12.17.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 12.27.08 PM.png

8. Audio was difficult to make it run. Even w/ kexts from Multicast, I had to use ssdt method from this guide. I got it working w/ ssdt_hdef-1-100-hdas.aml (It might not be necessary but my audio wasn't working before this step.)

9. So far everything is working for me. I spent more time fixing audio (3-4 hours). Entire build and installation was less than 2 hours.​

Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 12.33.38 PM.png

I hope this will help someone to utilize scrap parts. I haven't noticed any lagging or freezing so far.

Last edited:
How do I install the Nvidia drivers and set a custom resolution?
I managed to install Sierra and its working all fine except that the resolution is sucky, and there are graphic glitches all around (im assuming a driver problem?)

Please help me :crazy::banghead:

UPDATE: Sorry for the old build details. Really very sorry.

Last edited:
I managed to install Sierra and its working all fine except that the resolution is sucky, and there are graphic glitches all around (im assuming a driver problem?)

Are you using an AMD CPU? Nvidia released drivers for Sierra, there are two or three versions depending on which sierra you're using.

The AMD CPU/motherboard combination listed in your profile is not supported in this forum. Please read the rules
Rules said:
  • AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.
An EN210 should run with the standard Apple drivers.

The AMD CPU/motherboard combination listed in your profile is not supported in this forum. Please read the rules
An EN210 should run with the standard Apple drivers.

It's a 750Ti actually

Go to the home page here and scroll down and select the version of Sierra you are using.

Tried everything. Looked over the entire internet. Cannot find a way to change the resolution that I can understand.
Either theyre too complicated, or they use the 'Graphics Mode' flag (which doesnt seem to work on my system for some reason)

Tried everything. Looked over the entire internet. Cannot find a way to change the resolution that I can understand.
Either theyre too complicated, or they use the 'Graphics Mode' flag (which doesnt seem to work on my system for some reason)

This was on another thread for a g4400. myConfig.plist

check out the boot arguments.

Attachments

• myConfig.plist
    9 KB · Views: 1,164
MSI H110M PRO-VD will work???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back