Contribute
Register

-Success- Sierra on ASUS H97M-E/CSM (I54440 - HD 7770)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490i Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Well, this is my first post on the forum, so I'm going to "make you admire" my completed build.

Hardware Specs:
Core i5 4440
Asus H97M-E
Radeon HD 7770
Sentey Case
1TB HDD - Windows
500 GB HDD - Sierra / OSX
--------------------------------
USB Preparation: I used Unibeast to prepare it, just downloaded it on a friends MacBook Pro and plugged my 16 gb Kingston usb drive to write the Sierra installer on it.

The Installation: The best part, honestly. Just booted it, selected the 500gb hdd disk, and voila, it installed perfectly, no boot-args or strange things.

Post Install: Just downloaded Multibeast 9 and selected "UEFI BOOT MODE", RTL8111, ALC 887, etc

Things that work perfectly:
Audio (via patch)
Ethernet
Graphics Acceleration (had to use Verde kext to avoid scrambled graphics)
USB 2.0/3.0 (all of the usb devices are detected as 3.0, which is a little strange)

Things that DOESNT WORK:
Sleep: it wakes after 3 seconds, and stuck in a black screen :banghead::(

And well, this is all the things that i wanted to show, if you have and idea of the sleep problem, just say anything please :p :lol:

--UPDATE: Attached DSDT, use only for ver.336 (BIOS)--

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-10-13 a las 21.14.01.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-10-13 a las 21.14.01.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 417
  • DSDT.aml
    71 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Thanks for your shared DSDT, I have almost the same build as yours.
Asus H97M-E (UEFI BIOS Ver. 2702)
i5-4460
Transcend 16GB RAM (8Gx2)
Asus GTX 750Ti PH 2GD5
Intel 600P 256GB (M.2)

all is running well but USB, all USB ports run at USB 2.0 speed.
Still trying to fix that.

anyway, BIG THANKS to you.

Hi, i'm happy you could install that without issues (beyond the sleep thing) but i cant get the hdd to run at all, here is my post:
Hello, this is my first time and i thank you guys beforehand for your help in this endeavour.

i've created the installer with the latest unibeast, selecting ati injection, and sierra 10.12.14 (i think that is the ver.)

In my profile is the hardware i'm trying to work with, i also have intel HD520 as IGP with DMVT and Mem Size as 128Mb, with my AMD card i go nowhere, if i don't disable injection, not even the installer, in the IGP there is not a need to change anything, but no matter what i do, i won't get to login into the installed macOS, in AMD i get a blank screen (in the best of cases, even with -v the screen clears up and just gets to a blank screen)
in IGP i don't get a black screen because it always hangs at "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs o, bs 0, now o, sm 0x0"

in AMD i use the DVI port, in IGP i use VGA (my adapter wont fit in the dvi port because it lacks some pinholes.

i've tried to use 0x12345678 as graphic-id, graphicsenabler=no, and everything else in the clover launcher, as i've been reading in this forum for the past 2 days, to no avail, i always get to the same point, and i don't have anyone else to reach for information.

thanks for reading me, i hope to get some lights into what i'm missing out.

Best regards,

Cris

Well, this is my first post on the forum, so I'm going to "make you admire" my completed build.

Hardware Specs:
Core i5 4440
Asus H97M-E
Radeon HD 7770
Sentey Case
1TB HDD - Windows
500 GB HDD - Sierra / OSX
--------------------------------
USB Preparation: I used Unibeast to prepare it, just downloaded it on a friends MacBook Pro and plugged my 16 gb Kingston usb drive to write the Sierra installer on it.

The Installation: The best part, honestly. Just booted it, selected the 500gb hdd disk, and voila, it installed perfectly, no boot-args or strange things.

Post Install: Just downloaded Multibeast 9 and selected "UEFI BOOT MODE", RTL8111, ALC 887, etc

Things that work perfectly:
Audio (via patch)
Ethernet
Graphics Acceleration (had to use Verde kext to avoid scrambled graphics)
USB 2.0/3.0 (all of the usb devices are detected as 3.0, which is a little strange)

Things that DOESNT WORK:
Sleep: it wakes after 3 seconds, and stuck in a black screen :banghead::(

And well, this is all the things that i wanted to show, if you have and idea of the sleep problem, just say anything please :p :lol:

--UPDATE: Attached DSDT, use only for ver.336 (BIOS)--

Have you updated past 10.12.2?

Have you found a fix for the Radeon HD 7770?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back