Contribute
Register

SUCCESS Sandy Bridge: Gigabyte GA Z68A + i5 2400+ RX 560

Check the possible errors in your config listed here: https://sanitychecker.ocutils.me/results/cf73c8ee-0d5a-47d2-95b3-97682405fd2d

But Chross-reference with the OpenCore install guide Sandy Bridge EP since the results may not be 100% accurate in terms of suggested settings.

The idea is to do this based on an existing working config not a new one starting from 0
Thanks, I did work from my existing Catalina install, which worked fine for Catalina. I ran my config through the sanity checker and fixed a couple small things, but now the Kernel Panic has become a boot loop. Even though I'm using the debug version of OC I'm not getting enough info or any verbose comments after the initial OC messages (nothing from Macos, no errors or anything) to figure out what's wrong, I'd like to start over with a clean config, but TBH I'm a little discouraged at this point. If I was smart I'd take this machine to the recycler, as nobody seems to want to buy it, but part of me just can't give up without solving the puzzle.

The USB installation with OpenCore 0.9.3 Ventura 13.4 was successful, so I will attach the result.

@moosefuel
1. Set PlatformInfo/Generic for you.
2. Set NVRAM/Add/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/prev-lang:kbd to your language.
3. If you can't proceed to the language selection screen, try changing the SMBIOS settings.

If you have progressed to the language selection screen, you cannot use LegacyBoot with the attached sample, so stop the PC (with the Power button, etc.), change the USB config.plist to the setting specified by 5T33Z0, and then restart.

@5T33Z0
It wasn't a PowerManagement problem, sorry to bother you.
IvyBridge allows USB installation according to your instructions, but SandyBridge seems to need to install with supported SMBIOS once.
Thank you Asural, I tried this config, but I unfortunately have to use lagacy boot loader because my machine just can't seem to ever see any efi drives when it boots (have you ever discovered this problem?). It uses a very early UEFI, and even when I set the path to BOOTx64.efi manually in the bios, it still doesn't work (nor does it show in the custom boot menu).

To get your config to boot part-way, I swapped the HFS kext for the legacyHFS one and it got through the OpenCore boot to the boot picker, but I still have a kernel panic.

Which machine should I use for SMBIOS? I've tried Mac Pro 7.1 and Mac Pro 6.1.

Thank you Asural, I tried this config, but I unfortunately have to use lagacy boot loader because my machine just can't seem to ever see any efi drives when it boots (have you ever discovered this problem?). It uses a very early UEFI, and even when I set the path to BOOTx64.efi manually in the bios, it still doesn't work (nor does it show in the custom boot menu).

To get your config to boot part-way, I swapped the HFS kext for the legacyHFS one and it got through the OpenCore boot to the boot picker, but I still have a kernel panic.

Which machine should I use for SMBIOS? I've tried Mac Pro 7.1 and Mac Pro 6.1.
According to Dell's documentation, the "Dell Precision T3600" appears to be a C600 series chipset.
Also, "E-2667 v1" corresponds to SnandyBridge-E/IvyBridge-E, not SandyBridge CPU, so please modify config.plist according to the guide.

If you say "Catalina disk is not displayed in OpeCore boot selection", it is correct that it is not displayed because APFS is different, and you can select it on the disk format screen.

The USB installation with OpenCore 0.9.3 Ventura 13.4 was successful, so I will attach the result.

@moosefuel
1. Set PlatformInfo/Generic for you.
2. Set NVRAM/Add/7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82/prev-lang:kbd to your language.
3. If you can't proceed to the language selection screen, try changing the SMBIOS settings.

If you have progressed to the language selection screen, you cannot use LegacyBoot with the attached sample, so stop the PC (with the Power button, etc.), change the USB config.plist to the setting specified by 5T33Z0, and then restart.

@5T33Z0
It wasn't a PowerManagement problem, sorry to bother you.
IvyBridge allows USB installation according to your instructions, but SandyBridge seems to need to install with supported SMBIOS once.
Hi, i have almost the same pc and i have couple questions. Do you run opencore in uefi on this machine, i ask this because when i run opencore in uefi mode, it fails on acpi section or smth. Which bios version do you have? How do you deal with cfg lock? Can you please share your full efi, not just config. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi, i have almost the same pc and i have couple questions. Do you run opencore in uefi on this machine, i ask this because when i run opencore in uefi mode, it fails on acpi section or smth. Which bios version do you have? How do you deal with cfg lock? Can you please share your full efi, not just config. Thanks in advance
I was late in replying because I didn't notice your post.
The BIOS version of my HP8200SFF is v02.33.

Q67 chipset says that E3-1225 V2 (Ivy Bridge) does not work, but does it work?

@Asural Deleting files from System/Library is no longer working in Big Sur and newer without additional prerquisites. And it's not recommended since it breaks the security seal. You would have to create a new snapshop and "bless" it.

Doesn't OCLP patch it back in? Check the log

Afterwards you could try this: https://github.com/chris1111/VoodooHDA-OC
スクリーンショット 2024-01-03 21.54.45.png

Sorry, I didn't look at the link above.
I used VoodooHDA-OC in Sonoma and it worked fine.
スクリーンショット 2024-01-03 21.36.44.png
スクリーンショット 2024-01-03 21.36.50.png

Back