Contribute
Register

SUCCESS Sandy Bridge: Gigabyte GA Z68A + i5 2400+ RX 560

there is no navi ... got to go back to my 580... it may work. If i have any luck i will open a new post and tag you.
cheers!

Correct. Navi Requires AVX2.0 Instructions which were introduced with Haswell

Last edited by a moderator:
スクリーンショット 2023-06-17 13.08.52.png

ALC662 alcid=17 works up to Catalina, but not after BigSur.
I would like to try the method of replacing the AppleHDA, but do you know how to do it?

sudo rm -fr /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo rm -fr /System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext

I'm at a dead end where I can't delete it with the above command.

@Asural Deleting files from System/Library is no longer working in Big Sur and newer without additional prerquisites. And it's not recommended since it breaks the security seal. You would have to create a new snapshop and "bless" it.

Doesn't OCLP patch it back in? Check the log

Afterwards you could try this: https://github.com/chris1111/VoodooHDA-OC

Thank you so much for posting the Sandy Bridge success.

I followed the guide here but I'm getting a Kernel Panic whenever I boot the installer. Any idea what it could mean? Everything worked in Catalina and I applied the changes to my working config.plist. I am running OpenCore 0.9.3 on my Dell T3600 (XEON processor). I am booting via the legacy booter because this machine has difficulty discovering boot disks using UEFI.

IMG_6563 copy.jpg

In the debug .txt file saved after the panic, there are two entries that don't seem related:

00:000 00:000 OC: Failed to drop ACPI 54445353 0074734930757043 0 (1) - Not Found
23:025 23:025 OC: Kernel patcher result 5 for kernel (Force IOGetVMMPresent) - Not Found

I've spent way too many hours trying to get the installer to launch. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
@moosefuel
  • For Xeons you need to enable AppleXcpmExtraMsrs. I forgot to add that exception in the guide, sorry.
  • ENABLE the SurPlus Kernel Patches!

@Asural Deleting files from System/Library is no longer working in Big Sur and newer without additional prerquisites. And it's not recommended since it breaks the security seal. You would have to create a new snapshop and "bless" it.

Doesn't OCLP patch it back in? Check the log

Afterwards you could try this: https://github.com/chris1111/VoodooHDA-OC
Using VoodooHDA-OC also loses HDIM output, leaving nothing in Audio.

"SMBIOS = iMac12,2" is not a applicable model, so there is no patch to HDEF.

I wanted to try whether it works by replacing AppleHDA because I don't know why Audio doesn't work, but I decided to put it on hold without working.

• For Xeons you need to enable AppleXcpmExtraMsrs. I forgot to add that exception in the guide, sorry.
  • ENABLE the SurPlus Kernel Patches!
Thank you, it didn't solve the panic, though.

I didn't realize I hadn't enabled those patches. I enabled them but it still panics very early on (making it hard to diagnose). I'll keep searching for the reason for this, but I wonder if it has to do with the CpuTscSync kext, or some other kext which doesn't play nice? Any other ideas are welcome.

Everything worked in Catalina
According to my HP8200SFF experience, the cause of Kernel Panic seems to be that CPU PowerMagament is not enabled.
However, USB installation with OpenCore 0.9.3 Ventura 13.4 is not successful as it stops at MacOS UpdateAccistant.
I'm currently using IvyBridge (HP8300) for USB installation and adding LegacyBoot and EFI.

Back