Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Random eBay purchase of Bluetooth adapter (CSR8510 chip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
In case anyone needs such a thing - I did a tiny bit of research and relied on a huge amount of luck, but this sub £4 gamble seems to have worked straight out of the packet - so I finally have my Magic Mouse working on the hackintosh!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252691142610?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=551637299569&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The item is branded 'Orico' and the eBay listing was entitled 'BTA-403 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Features with CSR8510 chip' - it cost £3.90 UK including shipping from China (would you believe...)

Despite the adapter being plugged into the back of my system, under a desk the hackintosh is visible to a Macbook that's around 6ft away.

Steve

Last edited:
I bought the BTA-403 but it doesn't seem to work. Did you use any kexts?

Hi. No, I don't use any kexts for Bluetooth at all with the dongle. Worked fine on High Sierra and now Mojave.

Here's my EFI > Clover > Kext > Other, alongside my Library / Extensions and a shot of what the system sees when I plug the dongle in. I have nothing extra installed in System / Library / Extensions.

bluetooth.jpg

Something I will say though, which I've never got to the bottom of - I have a Gigabyte GA-H170N as my main work machine, specification as per my signature. And an almost identical Gigabyte GA-H170N system that the family use as a general machine.

The same Bluetooth dongle I have works perfectly on my main system, but is never recognised on the family system (High Sierra) the only difference between them being the CPU afaict. I can take the "works perfectly" dongle from my box, plug it into the same USB port of the identical box indoors and it isn't recognised. Nothing in the two BIOS settings looks different either.

Not sure I've been much help, but good luck anyway.

Steve

Does handoff, airdrop and continuity work with BTA-403?

sir @steveharman ,Does handoff, airdrop and continuity work with Orico BTA-403?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back