Contribute
Register

[Success] Project "iDell" XPS 8300 *10.6.8 /64bit!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Success] Project "iDell" XPS 8300 *Updated to 10.6.8*

theabbot said:
Updated the nvidia drivers and problem solved!
Now all I need is the network kext from Min3z and I will be set!

Sweet! :D If you have a 1510, or a 1397 half mini wifi card installed, you can use the kext i have attached to the first page to use wireless :)

~~Grave

Oh really?
I will give it a try now.
Thanks for all of your help man. I would be totally lost without it!

This might sound like a dumb question, but how to I run kextbeast after I install it? I can't find the app anywhere.

theabbot said:
This might sound like a dumb question, but how to I run kextbeast after I install it? I can't find the app anywhere.

By default, OS X saves the file to the download folder. Look in it and see if its there ( far right side of the dock, second folder over from the trash can). if you dont see it there, look in the trash can. OS X dumps the .zip there after extracting the contents if the .zip into the Downloads folder.

Once you find it, drag it to the desktop, drop that wireless kext on the desktop, run KextBeast, re-boot. SHould be good to go :).

~~Grave

I got the wired LAN working on the 8300 with the attached kext. Still no go on wifi though.

Attachments

• IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 113

Thank you!

theabbot said:
Thank you!

Your are more than welcome. Now we need to get wifi up and running.

I also need o get my screen resolution on 1600x900 instead of this crumby 1024x768 with my HD2000 graphics. I might just have to suck it up and buy a new graphics card.

With all of your help I can safely say that I am up and running! I really appreciate all of your help! The wireless isn't working yet, but I can get a USB adapter for that. :D

You can get a 1397 wifi card from eBay for around $15 USD. thats where i got mine. If you have the 1501, just chuck it, and get either a 1510, or 1397. the 1510 is "N" compatible, IIRC, wheras the 1397 is only B/G.

And thank you for the wired NIC Kext, ill be testing a complete re-build this weekend. I will update this thread to reflect how it all goes, stay tuned!

~~Grave

Can you recommend a cheap graphic card that will get me my 1600x900? I want to try 10.6.8 but it wouldn't work last time and I am hoping that maybe a new graphic card will rectify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back