Contribute
Register

[Success] Project "iDell" XPS 8300 *10.6.8 /64bit!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Success] Project "iDell" XPS 8300 *Updated to 10.6.8*

sasherm13 said:
I tried to install 10.6.8, but when I tried to boot with -v command, it hangs and never moves. Any thoughts?

Are you using the latest iBoot? if not, you need it to get past the [PCI CONFIGURATION BEGING] bug.

This bug USUALLY only happens if you have an nVidia card installed, but it has happened to ATI owners as well.

~~Grave

This bug USUALLY only happens if you have an nVidia card installed, but it has happened to ATI owners as well.

I have the HD2000 integrated graphics. Do I need to use the latest iBoot or do I need legacy?

I had 10.6.7 working. I upgraded to 10.6.8 ran the reboot and got the KP. I rebooted and ran a verbose boot but it hangs during the boot.

sasherm13 said:

I have the HD2000 integrated graphics. Do I need to use the latest iBoot or do I need legacy?

I had 10.6.7 working. I upgraded to 10.6.8 ran the reboot and got the KP. I rebooted and ran a verbose boot but it hangs during the boot.

HD GFX hare really buggy / not fully supported atm. I suggest getting a reg vid card, and going that route until support is fully there.

~~Grave

Gravewyrm said:
sasherm13 said:

HD GFX hare really buggy / not fully supported atm. I suggest getting a reg vid card, and going that route until support is fully there.

~~Grave

So you think it is my graphics card? I thought 10.6.8 had better support for the HD2000/3000.

Also, when I do the verbose boot, it hangs after finding my NTFS partition. It also gives me an error that says "USB Notification: The device "HubDevice" @ 0x1d100000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The port it is attached to has been disabled." I am pretty sure that is the port on the right on the top of the acse because nothing works in there (in either Win7 or OSX). Could that be aproblem?

So you think it is my graphics card? I thought 10.6.8 had better support for the HD2000/3000.

Also, when I do the verbose boot, it hangs after finding my NTFS partition. It also gives me an error that says "USB Notification: The device "HubDevice" @ 0x1d100000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The port it is attached to has been disabled." I am pretty sure that is the port on the right on the top of the acse because nothing works in there (in either Win7 or OSX). Could that be aproblem?

HD2000/3000 GFX is very poorly supported with 10.6.8. This guide was written for use with a seperate vid card.

You should have no other drives connected to the comp when doing this guide. If its hanging on an NTFS partition, use a SEPERATE Hard drive to test this guide.
Concerning USB. Disconnect anything you have connected to it, except for your keyboard and mouse. use the stock ones that came with your Dell.

If the top USB ports havent worked since you got the machine, i suggest you either A.) re-plug it in yourself, or B.) Have a Dell teech come out and do it, or replace it.

You paid good money for the machine, use the support Dell offers and get it running 100% in windows. Then we can get it going 100% in OS X. :)

~~Grave

Hmmmm..... I keep getting stuck at the 10.6.7 update. I install the update, then multi beast and bridge keeper. But when I reboot afterwards, it gets stuck on the grey apple logo screen. I've tried it three times now and get the same result. :(

theabbot said:
Hmmmm..... I keep getting stuck at the 10.6.7 update. I install the update, then multi beast and bridge keeper. But when I reboot afterwards, it gets stuck on the grey apple logo screen. I've tried it three times now and get the same result. :(

Boot with "-v" no quotes, and post where its hanging at. Might be able to guide you a bit further.

~~Grave

Well, I just did the process over again and it did not error out. Now to find the wireless kext!
I will report back here if I run into any problems.

Updated to m10.6.8 with only one hitch. My PNY card will only go to 1024x768 res.

Updated the nvidia drivers and problem solved!
Now all I need is the network kext from Min3z and I will be set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back