Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!!!] Problem booting to HDD after install SL 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Problem booting to HDD after install SL 10.6.7

boot with iBoot to desktop, place DSDT on desktop and delete entire /Extra folder. Delete any voodooHDA or HDAEnabler kext files you might have added to S/L/E.
Use the settings here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... -from.html to get the same thing iBoot gives you and put your DSDT back in the /Extra folder. Repair permissions, rebuild caches and reboot without iBoot.

Ok, thanks, will give it a try! I will post when done on Thursday afternoon. Sorry, out of town on business at the moment.

Ok, did what you ask and it comes to boot screen and I have to select SL. It then goes to the Grey Apple screen and hangs there.

Rebooted, tried -v but went to dark screen.

Remember, i am using iBoot Legacy and I think I found the items you said to install.

If I put the iBoot Legacy back in it will then bootup when I select it.

Suggestions???

Hold on! I think I checked the wrong box on PCI. I am trying it again. Back soon! :banghead:

Sorry Going Bald! No dice. But as soon as i put the iBoot Legacy back into play it boots just fine and everything works just fine.

Any Suggestions??

OK, last thing I know to try.
1. You need another hard drive to clone your install to.
2. clone your install and use iBoot to boot to the clone.
3. Download the standalone Chimera installer.
4. extract the boot0, boot1h and boot files from the installer.
5. open terminal and determine the id of your Seagate drive and OS X partition (i.e. disk0, disk0s2)
6. UNMOUNT YOUR MAIN SEAGATE HARD DRIVE - VERY IMPORTANT.
7. Use the procedure found here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -from.html to install Chimera to your Seagate drive per the procedure, except in step 8 where it says to use the command

sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

use

sudo fdisk440 -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

instead. If this doesn't work, get a different hard drive for you OS - I know a WD 10k rpm velociraptor ( http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-V ... 944&sr=1-3 ) will work.

Going Bald,

I tried your suggestions and none of them worked. I replaced the Green Drive with a Seagate 1TB and reloaded everything from scratch. Updated to 10.6.7 without any problems. Loaded Multibeast 3.9.0 with the following

Easy Beast
Place my DSDT in my Extra file
followed the guide

when i eject the Legacy iBoot and restarted it went to load but hung at the grey apple screen.

I have tried to load Chameleon through the Terminal but seem to be having issues:

1) open terminal and begin to follow the guide.
2) when I type CD then drag the file from my Desktop and hit enter it says No Such File or Directory.

This is as far as i get.

As before, if I load from Legacy iBoot, eveything runs fine!

Any suggestions on getting this to load straight to the HDD?

Well, after much head banging and several nights and weekends of trial and error! SUCCESS!!!

The main issue, CPU, changed the CPU to a Core 2 Quad Q9550 1333 FSB and it changed everything! Booted directly to the HDD and was able to finally update to 10.6.8, after which, I updated to Lion 10.7.2. Everything is updated and running smoothly, with one exception, I have to fix the sound, I have no sound, but that is the least of my worries.

Here is my configuration:

GA-EP45T-UD3LR 1.0 REV F10 bios
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 1333FSB 12mb cache
4 gb Skill DDR3 - 1600
1 TB Seagate SATA
Optic Sata Drive
Nividia GTX 210

Installed from iboot legacy and snow leoopard DVD 10.6.3
(originally had Pentum 4 Core Solo)
updated bios to F10
used the DSDT F10 for motherboard from Tony's Database
selected DSDT, system utilities, Audio, LanMac's Network, Instant Menu, PCIRootUid Fix
updated to 10.6.7
CHANGED to Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 1333FSB 12mb cache
updated to 10.6.8
downloaded Lion 10.7.2
used Unibeast to copy to USB-HDD for installation
installed Lion and on reboot automatically booted directly to HDD without a problem!
had to reinstall iTunes 10.5 but everything worked perfectly except sound. I will work on the sound this weekend.

The one thing I have learned here is make sure your use a Core 2 Duo, Quad or better CPU!!

Thanks for Tony for all the different posts and directions.

Sound is now fixed using the AppleHDA.kext that was attached by Common_Sense that is described in the next to last Post following this URL.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29283&hilit=alc888+appleHDA.kext&start=20

Everything worked just great! It is now completely Stable and with no glitches at all!

Thanks again Tony and everyone who posts to this forum.

Keith224 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back