Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

After being a long time guest of this great board, i decided to build my own OSX86, here is my configuration:

i3 530 (I won't invest on current i5/i7, wanna wait for new 'fully' integrated memory controller)
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3L (I don't see any friends use the same model)
Kingston DDR3 1333 2GX2
OnData NVidia 9800GT 512M
WD 500G
etc.

I spent ï¿¥248 CNY (i'm from China BTW) to get a Snow Leopard Retail DVD and burn an iBoot CD which downloaded from Tony's blog.

Here is my setup process:

0. Remove all the other hard disks except the WD500G one, connect my Philipse 22 LCD to DVI port and connect my USB keyboard and USB wireless mouse. (Yes, i didn't use PS/2 ports, I don't if this would cause any issue.) Download 10.6.2 combo update, Multibeast and DSDTSE to a USB stick (i don't have network access after initial snow leopard installation)
1. Boot by iBoot CD.
2. Insert the Snow Leopard Retail DVD and press F5 in tonymacx86 boot screen.
3. Type busratio=22 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and select the installation dvd to start.
4. Snow Leopard installation is just easy, it ended by failed (Tony mentioned in his guide), restart.
5. Boot machine with iBoot again, type busratio=22 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and select the mac installed hard disk, finish Mac initial setup and go to desktop.
6. Plug in the USB stick, update to 10.6.2.
7. Install DSDTSE, Extract DSDT and didn't do any dsdt fix(since i've read the create and edit guide from Tony's blog, i found the Method Fix and Length fix have already been there, i don't know why), save and compile it, drag it to desktop for later usage.
8. Open Multibeast, install EasyBeast 10.6.2 unsupported + Disk Utility
9. Drag the dsdt.aml to /Extra folder and rename it to DSDT.aml. Restart.
10. Boot from hard disk, sound and graphics works, QE/CI enabled, but i found i still didn't have network access, open Multibeast again, select RTL1000 driver and install, restart, then works.

So far, seems success. I will continue to do test to check if everything works fine. I will post my DSDT.aml file later.

Thank you very much, Tony!

Question:

Shall I install the intel82566MM+networkfamily driver? My micphone still can't work, what else shall i do?

Could you guys please help me?

babaru said:
Shall I install the intel82566MM+networkfamily driver? My micphone still can't work, what else shall i do?

The Realtek driver is the only one you need. :)

As far audio is concerned, you'll want to install the LegacyHDA solution for ALC888. Once you've gotten the installation and everything completed, check out Tony's blog and download the installer that downgrades AppleHDA from the 10.6.3 version to the 10.6.2 version, which will give you fully working audio again.

adamsmasher said:
As far audio is concerned, you'll want to install the LegacyHDA solution for ALC888. Once you've gotten the installation and everything completed, check out Tony's blog and download the installer that downgrades AppleHDA from the 10.6.3 version to the 10.6.2 version, which will give you fully working audio again.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I've only had system upgraded to 10.6.2, shall i still need to downgrades it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back