10920x
Graphics
rx vega6+
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Friends I have been trying to make this quantum interface work in Big Sur as well as Monterey as it was working very well it Catalina..

so first I want to give you some background if you landed here by chance.
1) on Catalina all the drivers that support Catalina bigger and Monterey works perfect as of the date I am writing uc 3.6 works well in Catalina.
but on BigSur and Monterey UC version 3.5 3.6 and above won't work at all the blue lights will keep blinking if you unplug and replug your Thunderbolt if your system supports hot plug the lights will turn on to solid blue driver would load. but sound will be dropping or you can say it is choppy.

Solutions.
After months of reformat ask support persons gave answer they don't support Hackintosh. what I did was I noticed there were two parts when you install the uc driver + software, so I stocked to older driver from uc 3.5 ticked the software upgrade to the latest one and wow!!! my sound card works with latest uc. (I have upgraded to latest firmware in Windows so it did not show that I should upgrade firmware.)

Hope it helps enjoy your card.

@hotbullet2121 , do you mean that you can have the 3.5 kext but « with » the latest UC?

Not that it’s a necessity for me as I have it working in Mojave with UC 3.52 but I have to stay on the 1.91 firmware, instead of the later 1.95 offered in subsequent versions…

Thanks!

**Ok, it worked, kind of as UC warned me about firmware update but would only reinstalls 1.3-91 over going in circle. Then, I reread your post and understood that I would have to upgrade the full package on the Windows side to update firmware to latest version. Then, there wouldn’t be the nagging firmware update needed on the Mac side.

However, no documentation about what brings 1.3-95 over 1-3.91 so, if ain’t broken don’t fix it I guess…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back