Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Capture d’écran 2015-02-13 à 23.39.18.png

SPECS:
• MB : ASUS P8Z77-V LX• CPU : Intel Core i5-3570k
• GPU : Sapphire Vapor X HD 7970 GhZ Edition 3Go (AMD)
• RAM : Corsair Vengeance Blue (2x8Gb)
• SSD : Crucial M4 256Go
• HDD : Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2Tb
• PSU : F4tal1ty 750W​

I'm a newbie, I never installed a Hackintosh before. But I still managed to install it.
It's pretty simple...

1. So first of all, I made Unibeast Thumbdrive with Yosemite, without laptop & usb legacy.

2. I downloaded and installed 2501 BIOS and installed via the ASUS desktop App on Windows

3. Rebooted the computer and made the following configurations on the BIOS :
• Pressed F5 (Settings by default)
• Advanced -> SATA Configuration -> SATA Mode Selection: AHCI
• Advanced -> System Agent Configuration -> Graphics Configuration -> Primary Display: iGPU
• Advanced -> System Agent Configuration -> Graphics Configuration -> iGPU Memory: 96M
• Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Intel xHCI Mode: Auto (not smart)
• Advanced -> USB Configuration -> EHCI Hand-off: Enabled
• Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Generic STORAGE DEVICE: CD-ROM
• Boot -> Fast Boot: Disabled
• Boot -> Full Screen Logo: Disabled
• Boot -> Setup Mode: Advanced Mode
• Boot -> Secure Boot -> OS Type: Other OS

(The first try I did, it didn't work. I had some problems with display. So I removed completely my GPU)

4. Booted on the USB with "PCIRootUID=1 -x"

5. Install it (don't forget to format the disk where you want to install Yosemite)

6. Turned off the computer, put my GPU and booted from SSD with "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -x"

7. I ran MultiBeast:

125913d1423591257-compatible-specs-yosemite-img_1335.jpg

(check FakeSMC-v6.14.1364-Plugins and FakeSMC-v6.14.1364-HWMonitor)

8. :clap:

If you've a second HDD I suggest you to install CCCloner and clone your OS :) (just in case you've a problem in the future) and if it is, you can simply boot from the HDD.

I didn't notice any problem, only one little problem but I think it's normal.
When I launched Intel Power Gadget, I noticed that the CPU is kinda unstable.

The mic works perfectly, btw.

Did you have any issues with audio? Do you mind sharing your .mb file for multi beast. I also have had an issue with restarting. Whenever I restart my computer just hangs at the bios screen. I do need to install the bios firmware you linked but already installed Yosemite so i'm probably gonna have to format back to windows to install it <.<

Thanks

Did you have any issues with audio? Do you mind sharing your .mb file for multi beast. I also have had an issue with restarting. Whenever I restart my computer just hangs at the bios screen. I do need to install the bios firmware you linked but already installed Yosemite so i'm probably gonna have to format back to windows to install it <.<

Thanks

I didn't get any problem with the audio. Even the micro works.

Where I can find the file?

Here are my MultiBeast Configs :

126358d1423591257-success-p8z77-v-lx-i5-3570k-sapphire-7970-3go-10-10-2-125913d1423591257-compat.jpg

So flashing the bios with the update you provided seemed to solve a lot of issues. However, I can't for the life of me still get the audio to work. I had a sound card installed, so I took that out and installed everything according to your multibeast setup and still nothing. Not really sure what else to check.

So flashing the bios with the update you provided seemed to solve a lot of issues. However, I can't for the life of me still get the audio to work. I had a sound card installed, so I took that out and installed everything according to your multibeast setup and still nothing. Not really sure what else to check.

Have you selected : Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b Current v100302 ?

First of all, go to : System Preferences > Sound >Output and check.

If I had a sound card installed I'd try another kext.

What the ****e? People are reporting success and I still haven't gotten mine to work with this Asus mobo. Maybe this guide will do the trick. Thank you in advance. :)

What's the problem you got?

Did you remove your GPU? Have you changed the settings on the BIOS? Did you use "PCIRootUID=1, etc."?

I have tried with all kinds of boot flags before. Never removed GPU though because my card should be supported or never updated the bios because it wouldn't let me do it. This guide looks promising enough to give it another try.

Edit: which Asus Desktop app do you mean in your guide? Some desktop tool for BIOS flash?

I have tried with all kinds of boot flags before. Never removed GPU though because my card should be supported or never updated the bios because it wouldn't let me do it. This guide looks promising enough to give it another try.

Edit: which Asus Desktop app do you mean in your guide? Some desktop tool for BIOS flash?

software-fan.jpg

I don't even remember how did I ended up getting this app. It's a very useful app, you can easily change the CPU frequency, fan speed, RAM frequency, update the BIOS.

Unfortunately I don't have Windows yet.

I just suggest to follow step by step. It's very easy ;)

After some googling it looks like you got the Asus AI Suite, which comes with Fan Xpert it seems. I'll look into it.

Clover wouldn't install so I'm going to try UniBeast when I get the chance. BIOS is updated though so that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back